OUYA Intros Updated Matte Black Console With 16GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stimpack

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
Don't buy this horrible piece of garbage. I had low expectations, and even those weren't met. It's run by a bunch of incompetents. They couldn't even manage to properly cut and QA a controller faceplate. The thing still can't run properly in 720p without being cut off, because the console itself forces 1080p. Horrible, horrible experience.

rakadedo

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2012
Since when is $30 for extra 8gb of flash a good deal? Especially if the console now allows flash drives. That $30 could get you 32-64gb flash drive.

sicom

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
Another obvious paid advertisement trying to be passed as a legitimate article. 8GB of storage is totally worth $30, we couldn't agree more!

rakadedo

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2012
Since when is $30 for extra 8gb of flash a good deal? Especially if the console now allows flash drives. That $30 could get you 32-64gb flash drive.

ekagori

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
I still don't understand the purpose of this thing. Why would I want to play games meant for smartphones and tablets on my TV? That's why we have PCs and real consoles.

ekagori

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
I still don't understand the purpose of this thing. Why would I want to play games meant for smartphones and tablets on my TV? That's why we have PCs and real consoles.

tridon

Honorable
May 2, 2012
Good to see progress on the console. I love this tiny thing :) I understand why a lot of people have no interest in it, but for me it works great. I already have my PC for running games with better graphics than the new gen of consoles.

peterson99

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
Not to mention that the Ouya is the best set top box IMO, paired with XBMC. Then you add the Nintendo Emulators to the deal, and for $99 this thing is a steal!

animeman59

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
This thing was made by people whose most hardcore gaming experience is Wii Sports on the Nintendo Wii. Let's have a separate store from Google Play. F*****g brilliant!!

Integr8d

Distinguished
May 28, 2011
This article doesn't make sense. And I have to agree with the others about it feeling like a paid advertisement. $30 for 8GB of storage? I was in Fry's yesterday and saw a 128GB USB drive for $56. So there's a massive chasm there.Also, earning less that $500 for developing a game (and that it's somehow worth it) is also absurd. It's like they're basically say; "Hey. If you want to work like a dog and make an entire game and get paid almost nothing for it, make it for this platform."

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
I can access all my playstore apps from ouya. All I do is download a program that exports my .apk files to a flash drive. Go to OUYA and install the APK under MAKE. TOUGH (sarcasm)... plus you'll quickly find out adding a game w/ touchscreen to the ouya is stupid. HOWEVER, it is nice that you can run things that are useful (flash compatible browser such as Dolphin and access your Amazon Prime movies on the OUYA). This thing still has a MESS with WIFI + BLUTOOTH (controllers) interference though.... Im curious to see if the new one is any better and as a kick starter, I feel betrayed.

bigj1985

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
If all the games for smartphones weren't free to play/P2W trash I think this thing would be pretty cool. F2P is what holds back Iphone/Android from being aby type of serious platform for gaming. It's sad to thtink about especially as we see hese ARM processors sometimes doubling in GFX power every few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.