OUYA Is moving Beyond the Traditional Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
aka " I suck at running a company and now want the easy money. I should've listened to my kickstarters from the start but instead I'll piss in their face"

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
Nobody wants a new gaming ecosystem. We already have Android, which OUYA runs on and was supposed to become more legitimized by OUYA. We want cheap hardware that is powerful enough to play the games we want to play on our TV's. Raspberry Pi is so popular because it provides the right hardware at the right price and they let the community build the ecosystem around it. OUYA needs to build the hardware and support it and then let developers and the community grow the ecosystem. The original OUYA was right in line with that vision when it was announced but after the delays and Kickstarter issues it was grossly outdated by the time it hit shelves. Build a new device with stronger, up-to-date hardware and get it into consumers' hands on time and for the right price and the ecosystem will develop around it.

DrBackwater

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013
I have utmost respect for ouya development team but sadly they will fall. I wish all best for them but with android being mainstream there's no hope in hell unless they build from linux. To many people entered this market and its sad ouya isn't capable being anything more than a 2$ store 100 games embedded phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.