News Over 14,500 games launched on Steam in 2023, breaking records for the fourth year in a row

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
This is great news! Valve has done a lot in fostering an ecosystem for a variety of games. I didn't buy a single AAA game in 2023 -- unless you consider Larian to be AAA. Every game I played came from a smaller team or individual with fresh ideas, new spins on old concepts, or genuinely entertaining experiences.

There is a lot of crap and asset flips on Steam, yes. I haven't had any issue sorting out good games from the junk though. I suppose having a large and varied friend circle helps with finding the good games. Someone who finds a good game tends to tell everyone else about it.

peachpuff

Reputable
BANNED
Apr 6, 2021
Steam really needs a dedicated team to label games that are truly #ShovelWare | #Garbage
Aww come on, they aint all bad...

Jan 5, 2024
This is great news! Valve has done a lot in fostering an ecosystem for a variety of games. I didn't buy a single AAA game in 2023 -- unless you consider Larian to be AAA. Every game I played came from a smaller team or individual with fresh ideas, new spins on old concepts, or genuinely entertaining experiences.

There is a lot of crap and asset flips on Steam, yes. I haven't had any issue sorting out good games from the junk though. I suppose having a large and varied friend circle helps with finding the good games. Someone who finds a good game tends to tell everyone else about it.
Considering the recent "The Day Before" scandal, I'd say that lots of people still get duped by scams/asset flips. It's still an issue on steam

Kamen Rider Blade

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2013
Aww come on, they aint all bad...

That's not very convincing.

TheOtherOne

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2013
2hk4jx.jpg

Reactions: peachpuff
Status
Not open for further replies.