Over 320K Warcraft III, Diablo II Accounts Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

dameon51

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
[citation][nom]babybeluga[/nom]uh...there are really that many people playing those games?[/citation]
Doesn't WOW have like 10 million plus players?

drutort

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
[citation][nom]babybeluga[/nom]uh...there are really that many people playing those games?[/citation]

correction there that many BOTS playing those games ;)

G

WoW alone has like 7 million costumers. I am sure it is about the same number for Warcraft III and diablo II.

Eman25th

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009
Log into Diablo2 or Warcraft3, the welcome message says how many total users along with how many are currently online.

Fokissed

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
[citation][nom]eddyg17[/nom]WoW alone has like 7 million costumers. I am sure it is about the same number for Warcraft III and diablo II.[/citation]

It was 11.5 million subscribers 16 months ago.

siuol11

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Thank goodness... I tried going back to DII a few months ago but it was all bots and mining, so I stopped. Maybe I'll go back and try it again.

This is WHY I play on a private server, I would hate to be banned having spent all that money. In my opinion those who get banned should be able to have some financial compensation having paid for the initial purchase and the monthly fees.

vant

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
[citation][nom]nforce4max[/nom]This is WHY I play on a private server, I would hate to be banned having spent all that money. In my opinion those who get banned should be able to have some financial compensation having paid for the initial purchase and the monthly fees.[/citation]
You cheated, you get banned.

The logic isn't that hard to follow.

geminireaper

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
nforce4max there are no monthly fees for those games. And second these users broke the Terms of service for the game. Thats like saying I got 3 dui's in 1 month and had my drivers license revoked so I want my money back from the car I just bought. No dice. You know the rules, you break the rules, you lose..period.

micky_lund

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]babybeluga[/nom]What are costumers? Is that some kind of cosplay thing?[/citation]
costumer - costumier: someone who designs or supplies costumes (as for a play or masquerade

Konman

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
[citation][nom]micky_lund[/nom]costumer - costumier: someone who designs or supplies costumes (as for a play or masquerade[/citation]
I thought a costumer was someone who looks at the recent cost of games and software and says "umm" "umm" (cost "umm" er)

tamalero

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
[citation][nom]regulas[/nom]What were the charges to drop accounts, BOTS?[/citation]

in Diablo II, probably usage of "trainers" or toolkits that allows you to get custom armors, and insane stats on your character.

BPT747

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
Now that we are talking older games i'll have to wipe the dust off my old Atari, NES, and SNES systems, and invite my friends over for a retro game night.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Hope they didn't ban all bots on WC3.
Some of them were quite useful, such as bots used for auto hosting (maps such as The Black Road had almost all of their users use the host bots. The bots also recorded all gameplay to look for cheaters and a mod could directly intervene via the bot whenever needed).
Diablo 2 on the other hand, screw the bots.

I was into WC3 for quite a while only 6 months ago, but I grew bored.
I tried playing D2 again, but running 640x480 on a 2048x1152 monitor is depressing. I also lost my expansion key so I could pimp out a druid.

I do miss Diablo 2 though. I sunk a incredible amount of time into that game. My favourite was 3 hammerdins, all with different auras, running around and raping bosses. The cow level was also awesome (I was depressed when I saw the WoW loading message 'there is no secret cow level'). :D

Status
Not open for further replies.