Question Over clocked my cpu and computer died

Jul 16, 2018
I over clocked a AMD 6300 CPU and turned the voltage up for the over clock and the computer turned off with out warning it would not power on so I started replacing parts with old parts to see what was broken I replaced the CPU ,GPU and ram nothing worked but I eventually found out if I unplugged the power to the CPU socket the computer would power up the lights and fan turn on and it makes some sort of noise but it dose not display.is there any thing I can do to fix the motherboard if not would buying a new motherboard fix this problem?

Update I got the new motherboard and it is still not desplaying i am depressed at this point and ready to throw in the towel

Specs cpu:fxamd3500
Gpu:gtx1050ti
Power supply:evga 500w
Motherboard:Micro ATX AMD

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
You shouldn't need to bump the voltage up immediately, only when the OC requires more power to be stable.
First reset CMOS by removing the CMOS battery for a while, reseating and then plug the CPU back in and test.

What voltage did you raise it to?
Every possibility you've damaged something depending on how you did the OC.

I over clocked a AMD 6300 CPU and turned the voltage up for the over clock and the computer turned off with out warning it would not power on so I started replacing parts with old parts to see what was broken I replaced the CPU ,GPU and ram nothing worked but I eventually found out if I unplugged the power to the CPU socket the computer would power up the lights and fan turn on and it makes some sort of noise but it dose not display.is there any thing I can do to fix the motherboard if not would buying a new motherboard fix this problem?

Specs cpu:fxamd3500
Gpu:gtx1050ti
Power supply:evga 500w
Motherboard:Micro ATX AMD
Which exact Micro MB ? You probably burned out it's VRM, CPU and GPU are last to suspect and replace. Micro MBs are not renown for their power capacity.

Jul 16, 2018
You shouldn't need to bump the voltage up immediately, only when the OC requires more power to be stable.
First reset CMOS by removing the CMOS battery for a while, reseating and then plug the CPU back in and test.

What voltage did you raise it to?
Every possibility you've damaged something depending on how you did the OC.
I think u bumped the volts up to like 1.6 or as high as it would let me in AMD overdrive

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Did you do that straight off the bat? - That's a high voltage for the 6300. Most will overclock the 6300 at even 1.45V - and voltage is the biggest killer of a CPU. Not to mention you need an appropriate cooler in order to accommodate higher voltages.

Generally 1.5V / 1.55V is the max safe voltage for the FX6300 is my understanding.

Jul 16, 2018
Did you do that straight off the bat? - That's a high voltage for the 6300. Most will overclock the 6300 at even 1.45V - and voltage is the biggest killer of a CPU. Not to mention you need an appropriate cooler in order to accommodate higher voltages.

Generally 1.5V / 1.55V is the max safe voltage for the FX6300 is my understanding.
Na I did not do it right away I had it at the default max over clock that overdrive did and I had the base cooling fan it came with but I turned up the voltage thinking it would bost performance