Over clocking Heatsink

EdkinsGamingYT

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014
I want to overclock my AMD FX-6350. It is at 3.9ghz stock. What clock speed would I achieve with a Noctula NHD14 or a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO? Thanks.

There are no fixed values to share with you simply because the quality of the silicon that the CPU was made from brings the luck of the draw into play, though multiple CPUs may be labeled the same, they all overclock to differing end clock results.

Heat is always an additional limitation factor when it comes to overclocking your CPU so if your goal is the highest overclock you can reach you want the best cooler you can get, that's a No Brainer!

Between the two coolers you're asking about the Noctua is definitely the better performance cooler that's why it costs twice what the Cooler Master does, it's a higher quality cooler and a proven performer.

overclocking really depends mainly on your cpu - mobo ability and the heatsink used. clock speed varys as it depends on the voltage applied on the cpu.what you should achieve is (while maintaining temps below 55c under load, which are considered safe for your cpu)the higher speed with the lower voltage possible.both coolers you mention are capable with the noctua being better but more expensive.!

There are no fixed values to share with you simply because the quality of the silicon that the CPU was made from brings the luck of the draw into play, though multiple CPUs may be labeled the same, they all overclock to differing end clock results.

Heat is always an additional limitation factor when it comes to overclocking your CPU so if your goal is the highest overclock you can reach you want the best cooler you can get, that's a No Brainer!

Between the two coolers you're asking about the Noctua is definitely the better performance cooler that's why it costs twice what the Cooler Master does, it's a higher quality cooler and a proven performer.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts