[SOLVED] Over clocking Intel e8500

Sep 21, 2018
How should I over clock my Intel e8500 , I only managed to over clock it up to 3.16gz to3.20 , and to over clock further I am not getting any option for changing vcore , or the multiplayer , help me out here plz, I want to go up to at least , 3.80ghz

Solution
Your CPU doesn't have an unlocked multiplier and your motherboard will only allow for base clock (BCLK) overclocking. You could possibly gain a 200-300Mhz overclock before the computer would start to BSOD, assuming your PSU was decent, which I doubt it is.

BCLK overclocking affects the RAM and PCIe slots, hence why the increase you gain is minimal and the end result isn't worth the trouble.

Set it to manual first. And then, you can just change the multiplier (even if the box seems grey-ed out).

What motherboard do you have?

Your CPU doesn't have an unlocked multiplier and your motherboard will only allow for base clock (BCLK) overclocking. You could possibly gain a 200-300Mhz overclock before the computer would start to BSOD, assuming your PSU was decent, which I doubt it is.

BCLK overclocking affects the RAM and PCIe slots, hence why the increase you gain is minimal and the end result isn't worth the trouble.

Solution