Question Over current detected on usb

Jul 20, 2020
Hello, I bout an NZXT starter plus exactly a month ago, and I already get the message “over current detected!!” And it shuts down after 15 seconds. I have read previous threads on this website, but still cannot seem to figure my problem out. I have narrowed the problem down to my top USB port. However, I do not see any issues with it being damaged. Could there be other issues?

Hello, I bout an NZXT starter plus exactly a month ago, and I already get the message “over current detected!!” And it shuts down after 15 seconds. I have read previous threads on this website, but still cannot seem to figure my problem out. I have narrowed the problem down to my top USB port. However, I do not see any issues with it being damaged. Could there be other issues?
It could be improper voltage controls through the wires themselfs. There only one way to really test that, use a volto meter to check the currents running to the ports

Jul 20, 2020
It could be improper voltage controls through the wires themselfs. There only one way to really test that, use a volto meter to check the currents running to the ports
Could the problem be solved by disconnecting the usb all together? I’ve tried this multiple times and restarted it, but it doesn’t seem to help. I just find it strange that it is already having problems this fast