Question Over voltage

May 14, 2022
I didn’t know… now I do. I was lazy and plugged a 12v plug from my security cameras into my rasb pi 4 model b. For a helium crypto miner. It gets really hot almost immediately now. Anything I can do with it, bought a new one.

MishterKirby

Commendable
Mar 4, 2021
I uhh put a drill bit in the working one
May I ask what you're doing that resulted in this

Thinking it’s bottlenecking the working rasb pi.
It would be a bit slower, but not by that much of a noticeable margin

And to answer your original question, if you don't have a lot of experience soldering, its almost going to be impossible

OldSurferDude

Reputable
May 18, 2019
May I ask what you're doing that resulted in this

It would be a bit slower, but not by that much of a noticeable margin

And to answer your original question, if you don't have a lot of experience soldering, its almost going to be impossible

You make a good point. This would be a time to get the experience you need to unsolder and solder the connector. Then you'll have the experience the next time you need to do a bit of soldering.

OSD

May 14, 2022
You make a good point. This would be a time to get the experience you need to unsolder and solder the connector. Then you'll have the experience the next time you need to do a bit of soldering.

OSD
So I bought a helium miner. The brand I bought Finestra covered up the Ethernet port. So I dumbly used a drill bit to hollow out the plastic. Drill bit went Into Ethernet port. Gotta say It was a prefect estimation of where it would be. Just used too much force.