Overall Best 7.1 Sound Card

Daidis

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
Hey all, I use the Razer Tiamat as my gaming headset, and I've been thinking about stepping it up from onboard audio. Are there any 7.1 sound cards out there that would fully support my headset, sound decent in a gaming as well as music perspective, and not have faulty driver support/issue with many common things? Thanks.

*sigh*

Surround headsets are a gimmick. Always were and always will be. Simply too many sacrifices in design to really warrent spending a lot on a soundcard.

The answer the OP though, the top 7.1 soundcards are the Auzentech Home Theater HD, and ASUS Xonar Phoebus.

coolitic

Distinguished
May 10, 2012

Not completley true. The virtual 7.1 headsets offer some surround feeling without losing any quality. The ones with actual surround speakers often hav some quality sacrificed to keep the price low (which is why they are generally only available in 5.1), but some (usually a bit more expensive) still retain high quality and rarely audiophile quality (the latter extremely expensive).

Daidis

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
I'm partial towards the Phoebus at this moment, simple plug an play versus the Auzentech I would need an adapter, although I have read about Battlefield 3 lag issues whilst using it. Now, Asus being a top brand and all I would assume these to be resolved, but does anyone know if they still have issues with it?