Question Overall System Issues (Graphical, Speed, Reliability)

zanewatson6319

Prominent
Dec 5, 2018
Hello! My Graphic Artist has been having some issues with her machine that I built back in November of last year. The Systems specs will be at the bottom. She had a few issues shortly after the build that were solved by a windows reinstall, but now we are coming across the issues she has reported below (Those strike through have been resolved for the most part)

Screen goes black
Can’t open desktop items
Desktop icons disappear
Desktop taskbar disappears

Desktop becomes unresponsive
Desktop Icons reorder & change size up reboot
Mouse pointer disappears in various programs
I can’t select objects in gerber on and off
Videos play choppy in premiere
Unable to sometimes do searches
SLOW!!!!
Outlook wouldn’t open
Norton wouldn’t open

Illustrator saves a file but when I went to reopen. It stated that I saved it in a newer version of illustrator than what I use, and would not let me open.
No previews of files but [Redacted] can on his computer

My observations:

Illustrator has recently had some softening issues around images in it's program. Meaning that a Perfectly 'circular' line upclose looks choppy with some pixels out of place.
While using (any graphic editing software. IE: Gerber, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere, Corel Draw) there are instances where the display will go black, sometimes the full screen, or just the program itself.

There are situations where graphical effects made in the programs won't take effect. IE: Add a drop shadow to some text.

Re-installation of Windows 10 on the SSD (Which is mainly used for some of the Adobe Suite, and Gerber.)
Chkdsk on the Secondary Main Storage Drive (Where everything file wise is stored...) | This was a full volume dismount and scan. No bad sectors or any corruption detected.
Re-installation of Microsoft OneDrive.(Had some file sync issues)
Repathing of all Network Drives
Re-installation of all Graphic Drivers.
Dismounting of the Secondary Drive for 4 hours. System seemed to run better minus issues with missing file paths and the desktop went missing. (All user Directory files are located on the Secondary Drive, since the artist loves to store most things there.)
For a time, Adobe was located on the secondary drive with all directories symbolic linked from the SSD to the Scondary (to conserve space) but this is no longer the case. (As far as I remember)

My assumption at this point is that it could potentially be the RTX 2070, but since a GPU is a bit more of an overhead cost for the company, I would like to try all avenues of approach here.

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070
Primary Drive: Samsung SSD 512GB
Secondary Main Storage: Hitachi HDS723030ALA640 3TB
RAM: (x2) Crucial Tech DDR4-3003 BLS16G4D30CEST.16F 16GB Each
Motherboard: Gigabyte B360HD3 (Bios: F12A)
PSU: ThermalTake ProRGB 650W

Summary1.jpg

Summary2.jpg

Thank you in advance for all assistance.

zanewatson6319

Prominent
Dec 5, 2018
I don't believe the CPU was ever set to be overclocked, as I've never done it before and no one else in the company would know how. It was a single package kit of sticks. I'll run a RAM test at the end of today and get back Friday regarding it. The GPU Temp is rarely ever an issue. She's never really doing anything intense except exporting a premiere video once or twice a day. Most the time the GPU fan isn't even running and it's cool enough to touch comfortably.

CPU Temp at mostly Idle. Max: 52C, Average 32C

zanewatson6319

Prominent
Dec 5, 2018
I called Asus in an attempt to move forward with either and RMA or find a better solution. Even though the graphical drivers are the Nvidia recommended ones, and the most up to date for the card. Asus has their own and told me to use them. Could this be an issue or...?

zanewatson6319

Prominent
Dec 5, 2018
Another update. I went and bought a GTX 1660 as a temporary replacement for the machine. A lot of the problems still persist.

I think I may have been wrong about those RAM coming in the same package. They might have been a double purchase. She now is getting memory allocation errors in Adobe After Effects. I'll be running a MemTest and will get back to this Tuesday. Does this seem like an issue that would have effected the majority of the stuff in the OP?