Question Overall this is performing way below expectations (1st percentile) ! Please help :'(

Jul 5, 2022
Hello, I bought a laptop a week ago and ran a Benchmark test, here are the results.

unknown.png

unknown.png

My laptop's specs:

CPU : HP Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz (Base Speed : 2.30GHz)
RAM : 16GB RAM DDR4
GPU 1 : Intel(R) UHD Graphics - 8GB VRAM
GPU 2 : AMD Radeon R7 M440 - 2GB VRAM
Disk : 477 GB SSD

Please I just want to know if those results are accurate and correct. I tried to run couple of games to test the GPU and it went pretty bad, GTA IV was in 7 FPS and Valorant 20-25 FPS both in High Resolution.

Thanks in advance <3 <3

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I wouldn't use Userbencmark even if it was the last site on the www. In fact, I'd try and make sure that the BIOS on your laptop is up to date, that the OS is up to date, alongside the chipset drivers for said laptop. Speaking of laptop, mind sharing the make and model of your laptop and it's SKU? To cross-reference if you have anything pending. As for your GPU, use DDU, uninstall all GPU drivers from your laptop, then manually reinstall with the driver found off of your laptop manufacturer's support site. If that doesn't work, reuse DDU, then source the latest driver from AMD's support site, then manually reinstall the driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Reactions: S_Verlac
Jul 6, 2022
Your laptop has good specs, it is strange that it shows so many fps in gta 5. If I were you, I would reinstall Windows, later check the drivers, download them from the laptop site. If it does not help, then probably in the laptop something wrong and it should be taken to the store, since you bought it recently, they should check it under warranty

Secret-Squirrel

Reputable
Sep 12, 2020
................................ I tried to run couple of games to test the GPU and it went pretty bad, GTA IV was in 7 FPS and Valorant 20-25 FPS both in High Resolution.

Those results seem pretty normal to me.

Your new laptop may have an i7 CPU but it's an ultra-low voltage model that's designed specifically for low power consumption and not high performance.

Your AMD Radeon R7 M440 (with just 2GB of RAM) is an entry-level model that dates back to 2016.

Sorry to disappoint you, but apart from using the game's "Low" settings, I don't think there's a lot you can do to improve performance with those hardware components.

Jul 5, 2022
I would do a fresh install of windows 11 and just start over to see if that improves anything.

https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows11

Hi, thanks for your reply. I did re-install windows 11 couple of time and nothing changed 😕😕

Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I wouldn't use Userbencmark even if it was the last site on the www. In fact, I'd try and make sure that the BIOS on your laptop is up to date, that the OS is up to date, alongside the chipset drivers for said laptop. Speaking of laptop, mind sharing the make and model of your laptop and it's SKU? To cross-reference if you have anything pending. As for your GPU, use DDU, uninstall all GPU drivers from your laptop, then manually reinstall with the driver found off of your laptop manufacturer's support site. If that doesn't work, reuse DDU, then source the latest driver from AMD's support site, then manually reinstall the driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Hey man, thank you for your warm welcome. I did check BIOS version and it's up to date 'Insyde F.66, 3/29/2022'. Regarding the manufacturer it's HP model 865B 64.18. And SKU is '8VU24EA#ABZ' The GPU drivers are also up to date, but I'll try to re-install them and see what happens !

Jul 5, 2022
Your laptop has good specs, it is strange that it shows so many fps in gta 5. If I were you, I would reinstall Windows, later check the drivers, download them from the laptop site. If it does not help, then probably in the laptop something wrong and it should be taken to the store, since you bought it recently, they should check it under warranty

Hey there, It's a strange thing to be facing such an issue indeed. As I mentioned earlier, I did re-install my windows and it's up to date, and it looks like I'm stuck with this laptop as I spoke to the store and they said my warranty covers only broken hardwares and malfunctioning softwares. They also said, I'm responsible for the current specs as I haven't paid attention to it when I ordered it 😠

Jul 5, 2022
Those results seem pretty normal to me.

Your new laptop may have an i7 CPU but it's an ultra-low voltage model that's designed specifically for low power consumption and not high performance.

Your AMD Radeon R7 M440 (with just 2GB of RAM) is an entry-level model that dates back to 2016.

Sorry to disappoint you, but apart from using the game's "Low" settings, I don't think there's a lot you can do to improve performance with those hardware components.
PS: In addition to my post from earlier, you should follow the advice given in your report and make sure that the laptop's power plan is set to "High performance". Most games will still perform poorly but there may be some improvement.

Hey man, thanks for your detailed reply. If https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/ is 100% accurate then my laptop should at least run GTA 4 with 30-40 fps, but as you said my laptop is an ultra-low voltage which is kinda obvious that it's not a gaming laptop and can't handle 3D games.