anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Hi All,

I have below specs on my PC.

CPU: 9700k
GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Gaming Trio
Mobo: MSI Z390 Ace

I want to overclock my CPU 9700k to 4.9 GHZ for better performance in AAA game. Can somebody give me exact settings to overclock the 9700k CPU to 4.9 GHZ on MSI Z390 ace.

Will it affect/damage anything in Motherboard? if not, please guide me to overclock my CPU.

Thank you
Ryan

Solution
Can i use Intel xtreme utility to overclock the CPU. i guess it will propose automatically the overclock settings whatever needed for my CPU

Correct?
It’s best to overclock directly in the BIOS, or at least that’s what all the guides told me. Auto overclockI got will use higher voltages and run hotter. I strongly recommend Googling for guides and reading a few before starting. I’ve overclocked several of my systems over the years and still research guides before overclocking my latest system.
Every setup is different, even 2 identical builds can overclock differently. Google overclocking guides for your motherboard and for your cpu and read several guides. Each person has a different view of safe voltages and settings. You don’t jump in at a specific speed and settings, you make small increases, do testing and if stable then make another small increase. It’s a bigger topic than can be posted on a thread.

Can i use Intel xtreme utility to overclock the CPU. i guess it will propose automatically the overclock settings whatever needed for my CPU

Correct?
It’s best to overclock directly in the BIOS, or at least that’s what all the guides told me. Auto overclockI got will use higher voltages and run hotter. I strongly recommend Googling for guides and reading a few before starting. I’ve overclocked several of my systems over the years and still research guides before overclocking my latest system.

Solution