Overclock+Abit AN8-SLi=GAY

p8ntslinger676

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
I was overclocking my A64 4000 to 2.82 and then after i had that running for about a week i installed a new Linksys wireless card and it started crapping out on me, first it would just shut off and it progressivly got worse to the point where it no longer recognizes any ethernet or wirless connection and shuts down immediatly by either the screen going crazy and having a bunch of random multicolored broken lines or just powering down like you just ripped the power cord out of the back of the psu. now if i want to use it at all i have to reset the cmos for it to even post. i cant figure it out but ive narrowed it down to either the psu or the mobo.

PLZ HELP......

System Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 4000 oc'ed at 2.82GHz

Abit AN8-SLi

Ultra x-connect psu, previously had one crap out on me before and replaced with the same kind under warrenty

1 gig OCZ Gold PC4000

Maxtor 300 gig Sata w/ 16mb cache

Connect 3D X850XT

Datman

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2004
Have you locked or auto detect enabled the PCI/PCI-E bus in the bios?

If these are overclocked, they can give weird results.

TheMaster

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2004
I had a wireless card and it kept locking up and restarting my comp randomly,
so i threw it in the trash and plugged in my ethernet cable.
Haven't looked back since. :lol:

p8ntslinger676

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
right now it is on auto detect, so i am still confused as to why it continues to turn off randomly and i have to always reset the cmos, o and when i start it, it says it is running in "fail safe mode" so i have to press f1 to boot windows or go into bios, i dont know what to do, i have tried everything i know of. this is starting to piss me off and i kind of want to hit my computer with a hammer or something of the sort.

Datman

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2004
Does it play up at stock speeds with the new wifi card? or a lesser OC about 2.6 or 2.7GHz.
If you take the wifi card out at OCed speeds is it still running fine?
What about the latest drivers/bios for mobo and wifi card?

TRENDING THREADS