overclock black screen no power to keyboard/mouse

alosha007

Reputable
Aug 15, 2014
Hello i tried to overclock my computer with the minimum settings there was an option for defaults ranging over clock 5%-100% changing the necessary settings and i went up to 15 clicked save and exit. Now my computer wont show anything on the display. it turns on and the fan is working everything, etc. but the components like mouse/keyboard dont glow and i cannot see anything on my screen. i was using the EZ overclock feature in my bios

Solution
Hi,
Try powering off, unplugging the power cord and pressing the power button for 30 seconds or so. Then remove the CMOS battery for a minute. Start the board and see if solving the issue.

slyu9213

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012

Did you try resetting your bios. Unless something was damaged, resetting your BIOS/CMOS by the jump pins or by removing the CMOS battery for a minute (to be safe) should reset the overclock settings (and any other setting). After doing that you should be able to get into your bios and boot.

If you did reset your BIOS/CMOS, maybe the motherboard defaulted to using an integrated graphics and is sending the video signal to the video output on the motherboard instead of your video card (if you're using a discrete.)