Question Overclock core2duo e8500

Jun 19, 2019
Hey guys, I have pc of configuration Core2duo e8500@3.16 GHz, gigabyte Ga-g31 es2l MB, 4gb ddr2 ram, zotac GT 730 card, PSU 450W. I know my pc is very old, but I want to overclock my processor a little bit like upto 4 ghz. Please share some detail how to oc it and what amount of voltage set for it. hoping for the positive reply. Thnx

Up the fsb till you cannot boot anymore ( push 20mhz, f10 save exit go to bios directly , rinse and repeat).
Then when you hit wall aprox at 300sih mhz then up the north bridge voltage for 1 notch + on keyboard, rinse and repeat, set ram voltage at 2.1V.
When you hit wall at somwhere around 400 or before you will have to up the cpu voltage according to the Ghz speed of your cpu, sooner or later you will hit fsb limit of your ram at 1333.Also set your ram to run at 400 divider. You will see in cpuz at memory tab 450~ would be your limit.

Ram timings , 5-5-5-15 , 5-5-5-18 or 6-6-6-18 (cas , ras , ?, = that number 5+5+5=15, the 15 can go +/- 1)

Jun 19, 2019
Up the fsb till you cannot boot anymore ( push 20mhz, f10 save exit go to bios directly , rinse and repeat).
Then when you hit wall aprox at 300sih mhz then up the north bridge voltage for 1 notch + on keyboard, rinse and repeat, set ram voltage at 2.1V.
When you hit wall at somwhere around 400 or before you will have to up the cpu voltage according to the Ghz speed of your cpu, sooner or later you will hit fsb limit of your ram at 1333.Also set your ram to run at 400 divider. You will see in cpuz at memory tab 450~ would be your limit.

Ram timings , 5-5-5-15 , 5-5-5-18 or 6-6-6-18 (cas , ras , ?, = that number 5+5+5=15, the 15 can go +/- 1)

Thnx for the reply. According to my bios. The settings in MB Intellegent tweaker are:--

Robust graphics booster = Auto
CPU Clock ratio = 9x
Fine CPU clock ration = +0.5
CPU Frequency = 3.16 GHZ (333x9.5) [Inactive]
CPU host clock control = Disabled
CPU host frequency = 353 [Inactive]
PCI Express frequency (MHZ) = auto
Performer Enhance = Standard
System memory multiplier = Auto
Memory Frequency = 667 [Inactive]
****System voltage optimized****
System Voltage Control = Manual
DDR2 Overvoltage Control = Normal
FSB Overvoltage Control = Normal
CPU Voltage Control = Normal
Normal CPU Vcore = 1.26250V [Inactive]

Note : Inactive means it is by default auto settings of the bios.

Could you please help me there step by step. because when i change the frequency and voltage of the CPU but i did not find memory frequency and voltage adjustment.
So, i request you to please tell me according to the details of the bios.

Thanks,

Harmeet

I would not suggest you to use the "Fine CPU clock" until you've finished overclocking.
Lower the CPU clock ratio by 1 to achieve higher CPU Host freq (Aka FSB).
PCIE Express freq lock it at 100MHz
DDR2 overvoltage , which options does it give to you?
Also for FSB.
But If you aim for clock speed overclocking, remember you will need quite of voltage to the CPU to get it, probably your max fsb will be 400.

Soo you do first by upping "CPU host frequency " by 10Mhz, save&exit go to bios and up until it does not boot anymore.
Then from your normal "System voltage" press + on your numpad, rinse and repeat.

When you get the point that you want, load into windows (if the windows gets bsod or PC restarts, substract 10mhz of your overclock or more)
Download Intel Burn test and 10 passes will do it.

For long term you will need to run prime95 without avx for 4-6h and memtest for 4-6h to achieve really high and the max overclock from your motherboard.

But you will not get much cause i've had same motherboard with it. Had to max out every voltage to high except the CPU and I could achieve like 4.5GHz on dual core.