Question Overclock Graphic card

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Hi

i just want to ask. I have MSI RTX 2080 Gaming trio.

i want to overclock my graphic card. IS that a best practice to do the same for more Fps and best performance of Graphic card in AAA Games.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Hi

i just want to ask. I have MSI RTX 2080 Gaming trio.

i want to overclock my graphic card. IS that a best practice to do the same for more Fps and best performance of Graphic card in AAA Games.

Hi @anjris

Whats the rest of your system look like? Especially your PSU. Why do you want to OC an otherwise already very fast GPU? Personally, I'd not bother for the little extra performance you might squeeze out of it, but to each their own.

Of course pushing it past it's current speeds will raise your 2080's temps and once it reaches it's builtin temp threshold, it'll throttle itself to allow the temps to go down, so you'll want to make sure it's fans & heat sink is clean and in good working condition. Is it still under warranty? If not, you may want to consider re-pasting it with a higher quality thermal compound to help mitigate the temps. Even if only a degree or two.

Do you have an AIO or closed loop cooler on your 2080 or just stock?

You can download a fan control programs such as Precision X1 or MSI Afterburner which will allow you to tweak settings on your 2080 and to set custom fan profiles.

What games are you playing and at what settings?

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Please find my build below
MY BUILD: Core i7 9700K, Noctua Noctua NH-U14S Cooler, MSI Z390 Ace, G.Skill F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR, Seasonic PRIME TX-850 Titanium , MSI RTX 2080 Gaming Trio, Cooler Master MB500 RGB, SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500GB, WD Green 120GB, 5x Nocuta NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM , Gigabyte Force K83, Razer Death Elite, Windows 10 Pro.

Now i have the Msi afterburner. Thats why i am asking shall i overclock my Gpu or not for extra performance?

its a brand new GPU so its heatsink and fan are very clean.

RTX 2080 has 3 fans installed in it to make it cool.