Question Overclock gtx 1080

Mar 24, 2019
Okay first of all i am kinda new to overclocking. Today I tried it and I am a confused...probably I am just naive because I am new at this topic...but anyways my Gtx 1080 overclock:
2.063Mhz Gpu clock
8.192Mhz Mem clock
And 60% Fan Speed

And after a few tests I noticed that it runs at about 50 Celsius...is there a way to increase the performance since it runs so cool at full load?

Yes, just overclock your card further. This will increase temperatures, and will also probably increase fan speed under full load. Increase the clock speed in small steps of about 20-25 MHz, and stress test after each increase to make sure the temp isn't going too far up.

DasHotShot

Honorable
It's not running at full load and chances are you have put on a highly unstable OC.

Overclocking isn't that difficult once you have read about the basics and understand what it actually means. Here is a link to a decent 1080 OC guide you can use to a) understand what you are doing and b) achieve good results even as a beginner.

https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/geforce-gtx-1080-overclocking-guide-with-afterburner-4-3.html

Skipping forward a bit, once you find the gpu clock's sweetspot and stretch the cards legs properly in a benchmark you will see it hit 85-90 ideally and not crash. Then you know you have gotten the max out of it under full load.

Mar 24, 2019
Yes, just overclock your card further. This will increase temperatures, and will also probably increase fan speed under full load. Increase the clock speed in small steps of about 20-25 MHz, and stress test after each increase to make sure the temp isn't going too far up.
But it crashes if I do that...or am I doing anything wrong? (I am using gamerock Premium 1080 and Msi afterburner)

Then you're probably hitting a voltage wall. Overclocking beyond this gets much more trickier, so I would suggest you do some reading first on how voltage affects a GPU before trying a further overclock. A good place to start:

and

https://www.wikihow.com/Overclock-a-Graphics-Card#Raising_Your_Core_Voltage_sub

Mar 24, 2019
It's not running at full load and chances are you have put on a highly unstable OC.

Overclocking isn't that difficult once you have read about the basics and understand what it actually means. Here is a link to a decent 1080 OC guide you can use to a) understand what you are doing and b) achieve good results even as a beginner.

https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/geforce-gtx-1080-overclocking-guide-with-afterburner-4-3.html

Skipping forward a bit, once you find the gpu clock's sweetspot and stretch the cards legs properly in a benchmark you will see it hit 85-90 ideally and not crash. Then you know you have gotten the max out of it under full load.
Oh okay...good news :)
Thanks a lot
But the only thing that seems weird is that my TimeSpy went from 7800 to 8150 which does not sound like a bad oc

Mar 24, 2019
Okay I read trough all the articles you guys sent me...So first of all I switched to the Heaven Benchmark where I realized that my oc is quite unstable...so I decided to start of new but I did not get the results I expected the GPU was at a lower speed than before, and the Teperatures gained a bit to about 60 degree but I guess it is due to the change to the heaven benchmark...but I would still fell comfortable with my temps a bit higher