overclock i7 5930k on Asus x-99 deluxe using the AiSuite v.3.

h2o79

Reputable
Sep 18, 2014
Hello.

I am trying to overclock a i7 5930k on Asus x-99 deluxe using the AiSuite v.3.

Either i got a magical unicorn version of the 5930, or i am doing something wrong.
When running the Optimization the stress test starts everthing looks fine.
The test ramps up the mhz. etc. But then it just keeps going.
The temps stay 70ish celsius and volts.1,30002.
At 11000 mhz i pressed abort.
After reboot and after finishing the rest of the optimization in AiSuite, it reads at 3750 mhz.

What am i not getting here? or should i call Intel and tell them i made a pinto run like a fighter jet :)

Any help would be great.

Thx in advance .

chodamoyer

Reputable
Apr 25, 2014
lol the right way. I only used the ai suite software to get started b/c it really takes a min or 2 to get most of the overclocking done tha tway and then tinker in the bios to manually adjust the other parameters to get the last little bit out of it. the one thing about the ai suite software is that if you don't know what you are doing (me) then it's relatively safe since you harness the experience of the asus engineers. tomkis here knows more than asus engineers so if I were him, I'd start are in the bios too. also for h20 I'd let the ai-suite software finish , and do not abort the 5 way optimization, it does take a few minutes and will restart several times. just go eat a sandwhich and come back when it's funny finished max of 15 min or so. you should get to at least 4ghz even with a unicorn, perhaps much more 4.4,4.5.4.6 or eve 4.7 ghz

jaiden

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2008
That's definitely gotta be a bug. i have the same chip and motherboard and AI v3 worked fine for me a few times now (including using all of the default settings). Mine settles in at 4.6ghz when it's done. I wonder if it was actually pushing your chip at all or not. You should see the new speed in task manager if you're on windows 8.1, as it increments it up.

Davil

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Very likely a bug, ai suite is pretty much garbage from from what I can tell from all the times I've used it. Doing it yourself in the BIOs is more rewarding and a whole lot better. I don't know what a common OC is but I would guess if you put the vcore to 1.2 and set the multiplier to 4.4 I'd bet you'll probably have a stable overclock. From there see how high you can get it with just the multiplier, then if you want play with the bclock just keep it at odd numbers since those seem to be the most stable.

Deathizem

Reputable
May 18, 2015

what are your volts and other settings do you have any pics of the bios I would love to see them:bounce:

AndRicard

Reputable
Feb 20, 2014
If are you want a good overclock more stable more higher than any software overclocking AiSuite or other, press del and go to bios! And do not install any overclocking software. Softwares like AiSuite get started in tasks and services automatically. And you don't need this too on memory wen you overclocking and play games.
Have much more options(all) for best oc on bios.

ZelmoQuad

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014

4.4 is the most I'd go with the 5930k. It's born to be mild. Not what many were hoping for. I game at 4.2 just to have it run15-20c cooler than 4.4+. Other than benchmarks there is no real advantage to OC higher other than fun. I also run an ASUS R4F X79 with the 3930K. It clocks higher more easily. I know this post is stale but I just had to pass this on. It's true.

GKaya

Reputable
Dec 29, 2014
I have been running my 5630K @4417 MHz for over 6 months with no issue.
BCLK Freq : 100.4 MHz
Ratio : 44
CPU Core Voltage : 1.296
I am home sick today so I am bored, looking to play with my oc settings.

TRENDING THREADS