Overclock laptop screen

Zapthos

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
Hi, I want to overclock my laptop's screen from 60hz to something higher. It has a intel hd 3000 & geforce gt520mx combo. But a lot of sites are covering overclocking for external monitors, is it also possible to overclock the built in laptop screen? Most options for screen are in the intel control panel, it's the old one (from 2014 & before)

It might not be worth the risk damaging the laptop's internal screen, or at least causing it to run at a refresh rate that makes the screen go blank and makes it difficult to get back to normal. Plus, a refresh rate higher than 60Hz will only really make much difference if you are already getting frame rates higher than 60fps.

Zapthos

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016

That's wrong, I've overclocked a lot of laptops (my current one has a overclocked gpu), I've even overclocked one to 5ghz. I know, desktops can overclock further, but overclocking laptops is possible.

Zapthos

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016

I play games using geforce now, so I do have 120fps. But if I still do overclock, will I be able to restore it with a Windows reinstall? I usually do this every month to keep stuff clean anyway, so if I can restore it like that it won't be a problem for me. But I'm still thinking if I should oc it (if it's even possible)...