[SOLVED] overclock MSI HD 5450

Jan 23, 2021
so i have a MSI HD 5450 that my dad bought for his previous computer about 10 years ago, and because my current card died i will buy new one shortly. currently i'm using this one.
my question is why in msi afterburner i can't boost more than 520 MHz core clock? have to say this is the first time i overclock ANYTHING and i need help from you guys, cause i saw on youtube dudes that can boost it up to 1000 MHz and i can't do over 520MHz here's a picture:
https://ibb.co/2s4ysp5

Solution

Yes. Did you disabled overclocking limits? AND most important - did your card worked with disabled overclocked limits and frequencies cranked up? If no then silicon lottery was not in your side - get better GPU.

Honestly this effort seems one of ways how to kill old GPU in very hard and cumbersome (for card owner) way. Easier is to smash it with a hammer.

Yes. Did you disabled overclocking limits? AND most important - did your card worked with disabled overclocked limits and frequencies cranked up? If no then silicon lottery was not in your side - get better GPU.

Honestly this effort seems one of ways how to kill old GPU in very hard and cumbersome (for card owner) way. Easier is to smash it with a hammer.

Solution