[SOLVED] Overclock my new system about a 2 weeks ago . Now it has become unstable.

Jun 29, 2019
I have a Ryzen 5 2600 with a Msi B450 Tomahawk, XFS Randon 570 8gb. Overclocked the cpu to 3.9ghz and gpu to 1375 . A modest overclock everything stable for about week. Then about a week ago started having unstablity. Lockups and windows not closing. Not sure whats going on.

Solution
I think I found the problem. Like all my builds I flashed the bios with the most current. I wanted it support the new Ryzen 3000 cpus. Shortly after I flashed my motherboard MSI came out with a updated bios. I installed the new bios yesterday and have been running test ever since with no issues. Not sure why it took so long to have a issue but it seemed to work. I will run a few more test and if there is a problem I will post them here but for now everything is good.
Jun 29, 2019
Already removed all overclocking. System run ok so far. Gpu runs about 73-75 Degrees under load. Cpu runs 65 Degrees @ 3.85 ghz. Highest I've seen cpu is 72 C running @3.95ghz.
System :
Ryzen 5 2600 3.85 ghz
MSI B450 Tomahawk
Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000
XFX Radeon RX 570 RS XXX Edition
Thermaltake TR2 600 watt. (I think. Not New about 2 yrs old)

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2019
I think I found the problem. Like all my builds I flashed the bios with the most current. I wanted it support the new Ryzen 3000 cpus. Shortly after I flashed my motherboard MSI came out with a updated bios. I installed the new bios yesterday and have been running test ever since with no issues. Not sure why it took so long to have a issue but it seemed to work. I will run a few more test and if there is a problem I will post them here but for now everything is good.

Solution