Question Overclock my Ram

Jun 26, 2023
it makes sense overclock my 2x8 ram from 3200Mhz to 3600Mhz if my Cpu only support max frequency 3200.
Cpu:AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4Ghz SktAM4
Ram:G.SKILL 3200 MHz 2x8

it makes sense overclock my 2x8 ram from 3200Mhz to 3600Mhz if my Cpu only support max frequency 3200.
Cpu:AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4Ghz SktAM4
Ram:G.SKILL 3200 MHz 2x8
That CPU supports (with overclock) 4000MHz+ but your MB might not. It's also very questionable if that memory itself can be overclocked that much above it's XMP which is also a kind of overclock. Higher frequency would also cause higher latency negating much of already small gain overall, In other words, coupled with possibility of loss of stability, it's just not worth it. If it was possible to run at 3600MHz they would sell it as such for more money.

Jun 26, 2023
Essa CPU suporta (com overclock) 4000MHz+, mas seu MB pode não. Também é muito questionável se essa memória em si pode sofrer overclock muito acima do XMP, que também é uma espécie de overclock. Uma frequência mais alta também causaria uma latência mais alta negando muito do já pequeno ganho geral. Em outras palavras, juntamente com a possibilidade de perda de estabilidade, simplesmente não vale a pena. Se fosse possível rodar a 3600MHz, eles o venderiam por mais dinheiro.
My motherboard is MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK

The speed supported that is quoted for a motherboard or processor is the speed at which the ram will boot into the bios.
Once in the bios, for ram to operate faster than stock it needs to be overclocked.
The better ram kits will be capable of this.
The settings will be embedded in the ram kit itself and defines the combination of speed, voltage, and timings that the manufacturer has determined will work properly.
There may be more than one set of settings.
XMP is an intel term, amd has something equivalent called EXPO.
Invoking XMP or EXPO is a motherboard short hand to extract the settings from the ram stick and apply them to the ram settings in the motherboard. Otherwise, you do the settings yourself in the motherboard ram settings.

You are on your own to go higher. This will certainly include running the ram at much higher voltage than the settings for 3200 speed.
Will it work... Posslibly.
Will it damage your ram... Possibly.
Will such an overclock work reliably.... Possibly. Run memtest or such for a full pass with NO errors.
Will such an overclock result in a noticeable benefit in performance... Possibly. Only you can tell what is significant.