overclock no longer working?

Billy Stephens

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013
Hi guys
I have a fx6350 on a ga-970a-ud3 REV3.0 mobo and it has been giving me a hard time of late as in hard drives not showing up in windows, also it will no longer apply any overclock either ram or cpu... could it be the motherboard or power supply(750w powercool 80 plus) I know I cheaped out on this but am I now paying the price ?

Solution
Hi billy,
Hard to say... how many things are you running in your pc? what GPU, how many hard drivers, optical devices, leds, cathodes, cooling system, etc.
Also, how are you applying the overclock? In BIOS? with a Program in Windows?
Overall, if the PSu is giving you problems, you would get shutdowns and restarts in the PC (its the most obvious way to notice a PSU issue).
One way or another, cheap PSU are ticking bombs, so I suggest you get a decent one regardless.
Hi billy,
Hard to say... how many things are you running in your pc? what GPU, how many hard drivers, optical devices, leds, cathodes, cooling system, etc.
Also, how are you applying the overclock? In BIOS? with a Program in Windows?
Overall, if the PSu is giving you problems, you would get shutdowns and restarts in the PC (its the most obvious way to notice a PSU issue).
One way or another, cheap PSU are ticking bombs, so I suggest you get a decent one regardless.

Solution

Billy Stephens

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013
Hi
Thanks for the response I have just managed to acquire a corsair 800w to replace my psu...In regards to my system I have my o.s on a ssd and a wd green and a wd black hd, my gpu is a R9 290x with 16gb corsair vengeance ram with a h100i keeping my cpu cool

My overclock is basic and not over optimistic from 3.9 to 4.2ghz (wont stay stable any higher silicone lottery and all that jazz) done through bios multiplier. I have updated motherboard bios to try and rule that out as well.

Billy Stephens

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013

apologies I commented instead of replying.

Billy Stephens

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013

So im not sure if putting motherboard into high performance mode changing ram speeds and then adding multiplier did it or if it was the new corsair psu ...either way im back to where i want to be.
thanks again :D