boujhi

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
Hey everyone out there, espically those who use a nvidia 360m GPU.

I looked around to see if there was any info on how the best way to overclock it would be, and couldnt find anything. So heres what I did.

I am using MSI afterburner for the overclocking.

I set up my core clock to run at 625 MHz
and I set the shader clock to run at 1503 Mhz

i tried to go to 650, but it tends to start running a little warm so, this was a stable amount of boost for me

I tried messing with the memory clock, but any tweak and the game becomes extremely laggy, so just leave as is.

ok, hope this helps. CHEERS!

sportsfanboy

Distinguished
Acer is correct in that most laptops really aren't designed for overclocking. In fact some laptops have a hard time staying cool even at stock. That being said, If you have the ability to tweak your video card while keeping stable and cool, then why not. I think evga precision does the best job on Nvidia gpus

G

i agree with him, you don know what you ar talking about! any pc base device is overclockable even palms and phones, the trick is how you acces the bios. :eek: if there is a fbs and a multiplier it can be overclocked, wich avery silgle vohn newman architecture based device haves so please dont talk like ur a know-it-all

i bet you are so scared of temperatures that youve never tried overclocking a laptop thats why you dont know a silge thing about it, since your nick tells you use acer machines im giving you a list of overclockable laptops that ive succesfully overclock by more than 400mhz cpu and 250 mhz gpu integrates and discrete hope you know the diference. :lol:

acer 5520 all of the gama
acer ferrari
acer gemstone
acer lambo
and in my opinion amds based laptop do beter than intels based ones.

boujhi------keep up the hard work! i have a mac pro with the 360m and after drilling some holes to the base of the laptop and ading a cooling pad im safely dooing 750mhz core and shaders have gone to 1800, can pushit more but why for?¿ also try using nvidia ntune panel as it gives u the chance to oc the cpu and the ram allso, and it will give you better performance without risking the rest of te components. JUST REMEMBER! DONT OVERPUSH THE LAPY!!!you can permanently demage your lap, if ur cpu temps hit 100c under load try lowering your oc a litle bit, if your gpu hits 90-100c you are definitly to high on temps, lower it too.IF YOU HAVE ANY CUESTION FEEL FREE TO AD ME TO MSN:.......javi_vite@hotmai.com
:hello:
REMEMBER FORUMS ARE TO GET HELP,NOT TO LAUGHT FROM OUR DOUBTS

acer0169

Distinguished
i agree with him, you don know what you ar talking about!

4 years as a professional techy + 6 years as a pc builder says otherwise..

any pc base device is overclockable even palms and phones, the trick is how you acces the bios. :eek: if there is a fbs and a multiplier it can be overclocked, wich avery silgle vohn newman architecture based device haves so please dont talk like ur a know-it-all

I didn't say you couldn't - learn to read next time. Oh.. and learn to spell too I guess?

i bet you are so scared of temperatures that youve never tried overclocking a laptop thats why you dont know a silge thing about it,

I've overclocked laptops before..

since your nick tells you use acer machines im giving you a list of overclockable laptops that ive succesfully overclock by more than 400mhz cpu and 250 mhz gpu integrates and discrete hope you know the diference. :lol:

acer 5520 all of the gama
acer ferrari
acer gemstone
acer lambo
and in my opinion amds based laptop do beter than intels based ones.

My nickname has nothing to do with the Acer PC's. By that logic your name jake1218 tells me 1218 is the highest number you can count to.

Go home jackass.

G

really 4+6= 10 years in the pc world(thats a lot :bounce: ), you think you know it all :pfff: ?¿......im 46 have over 35 years on pc stuff sinche the first pc hit the market, i was on a techy group with apple founders, i have a master degree in mit, have work with nvidia developing the fermi chips so i know how hard can you push graphics cards. im a teacher of mecatronics with a speciality in micro-procesors.

jake 1218..............yes is the top number i can count to in overclocking graphics with stock cooling

i can program linux,windows,oracle, plls and nearly any lenguage with eyes closed, can you?¿

again, blogs are not for insulting people, you are the one that shoul go home kido´

G

keep the good work kid, feel fre to ask ahything

acer0169

Distinguished
really 4+6= 10 years in the pc world(thats a lot :bounce: ), you think you know it all :pfff: ?¿......im 46 have over 35 years on pc stuff sinche the first pc hit the market, i was on a techy group with apple founders, i have a master degree in mit, have work with nvidia developing the fermi chips so i know how hard can you push graphics cards. im a teacher of mecatronics with a speciality in micro-procesors.

jake 1218..............yes is the top number i can count to in overclocking graphics with stock cooling

i can program linux,windows,oracle, plls and nearly any lenguage with eyes closed, can you?¿

again, blogs are not for insulting people, you are the one that shoul go home kido´

If you're 46 you should have more respect and not move around the forums like a jackass troll. Look at my background - I have plenty of best answers and have helped countless people on this forum already regardless of only posting for a few months.

cristianlinca88

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
Hello guys,

I have the same GPU as "kido' " on a ASUS G51Jx. I tried to overclock the GPU with nTools from nVidia (don't know how effective is) and indeed worked and is stable at:

Core Clock: 650MHz
Shader Clock: 1620MHz
Memory Clock: 1800MHz

I have no cool pad, no Fan SW to speed up the RPM's nothing, just the stock cooler. :bounce:

I own this laptop for more than a year and recently I upgraded to i7 720qm from i5 460m.
Below are the specs:

RAM 8 gb 1333
nVidia GTS360m 1 gb OC-ed
i7 720qm 1.6
HDD 500GB 5400 RMP
Intel HM55 Chipset

I can say that I run Mafia II maxed out and is smooth, Didn't tried Crysis 2 with i7 but I'm sure will be smooth at least on high set. With i5 did a good job for high without AA on.