Overclock PC 1060+16gb+ssd+i5

Sep 4, 2018
I would like to get a better performance from my pc. I have not done this before, I'm willing to learn. The specs are:

Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Intel Core i5 6500 @ 3.20GHz
16,0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1063MHz (15-15-15-36)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (Gigabyte)
223GB KINGSTON SV300S37A240G (SATA-2 (SSD))

All this data was gathered using speccy.

I haven't touch anything neither in the BIOS nor through afterburner.

What do you think I can do in order to get a better performance?

Thanks a lot

Solution
you can go to bios and load xmp profile for memory should bump to 2400mhz. then for GPU download MSI AB and you'll probably get something like +150-+175 on core and +250-+300 on mem clock. every card is different so you'll have to work your way up in small increments to get to those numbers. If you experience instability back your clocks down and try again. can't really OC your CPU as that's not a k series processor but doing this will get you 5 to 10% better performance
i need to be honest with you, the result will not be as drastic (maybe 5%) in some games. also we need to know your motherboard make and model.

6500 and ssd is not overclock able.

the ram is running at 2133 mhz, if you have the supported ram/motherboard, turning xmp will automatically overclock the ram at a faster speed.

for 10 series card, there is a built-in oc feature, called gpu boost 3.0 , and its already doing on your stock frequency, (however, this is also the only thing you can manually overclock from msi afterburner)

you can go to bios and load xmp profile for memory should bump to 2400mhz. then for GPU download MSI AB and you'll probably get something like +150-+175 on core and +250-+300 on mem clock. every card is different so you'll have to work your way up in small increments to get to those numbers. If you experience instability back your clocks down and try again. can't really OC your CPU as that's not a k series processor but doing this will get you 5 to 10% better performance

Solution

zebarjadi.raouf

Commendable
Jul 10, 2018
I would like to get a better performance from my pc
Best way would be to upgrade it. Overclocking gives about a 10% boost.
16,0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1063MHz (15-15-15-36)
Enable XMP from BIOS if you have not done so.
(SATA-2 (SSD))
Why is this not running on SATA 3/III? Or did it mean that it's connected to the second port?
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
0. Install MSI Afterburner
0. Download and run UNIGINE Valley on Extreme HD. (Any similar benchmark works)

1. Max your power limit. (Requires a good PSU)

2. Increase your core clock 50+ at a time while looking at UNIGINE benchmark till artifacts (weird lines and colors) appear or your driver crashes/freezes. Then fine tune it compared to your previous clock.
Example Core clock: ... > +150 > artifact > +145 > artifact > +120 (Keep it 25 or more below max)

3. Do the same for Memory. (50 or more below max)

4. Save your profile.

5. Don't check apply overclocking at startup. You can check it after a few days of testing.

Keep your temps below 80c/176F.

TRENDING THREADS