Question Overclock program trouble

Jun 1, 2019
Hi all, My friend installed some kind of overclocking software on my computer. Months later, I bought a completely new SSD and was just starting scratch with a fresh version of windows. However, for whatever reason, the overclock is still connected to my cpu. As far as I knew, since I had a new SSD, the overlock shouldn't have carried over but it did. Has anyone had this problem before/know how to get rid of it?

I know the software is still attached to my cpu because whenever I start my computer, the software loads in on the bios screen with a load bar and has overclock progression bar next to it ,, Cpu is 8700k

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
What is full system spec?
What overclocking software are you referring to?
OC software doesn't load in the BIOS, but a BIOS can have inbuilt OC utilities on it.

Any OC made on the software before hand may have simply changed default BIOS values, meaning it will apply regardless as to the softwares presence afterwards.

Jun 1, 2019
OC software doesn't load in the BIOS, but a BIOS can have inbuilt OC utilities on it.

Any OC made on the software before hand may have simply changed default BIOS values, meaning it will apply regardless as to the softwares presence afterwards.

systems specs are:
mobo: asus rog maximus x hero (wifi version)
cpu - 8700k
gpu- asus rog strix 1070
ram- corsair vengence 3200mz
cooler- h100i v2

Not exactly sure what software he used. I was just ready to get rid of it so i figured i'd start fresh with a completely new ssd but the software is still lingering software. That makes sense what you said. So would loading a default profile from bios get rid of it? A term i keep seeing around is flashing my mobo but not exactly sure how to do that either.