overclock resetting to stock speed after sleep mode

dmartelli84

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
Hey guys. i just upgraded my build afew weeks ago from amd to intel. souped up the cpu and mobo. put it all in a nice new case. got some fans, made the air pressure positive and have great temps now. i successfully overclocked the cpu from 4.0 to 4.7 using UEFI and everythings been running great. idle temps at 22-27c. load temps from 35-60c. Now the problem im having is not major but very annoying. i keep it overclocked at all times. my pc goes to sleep after about a half hour of no use. but when i wake it up the clock speed is back at 4.0. I have to reboot the comp and when it starts back up its back at 4.7. only when waking it up from sleep does it revert to 4.0. Ive never had the issue before. the only thing i could thing of is it may be the "f-stream" software that comes with my motherboard. its basically a UEFI tool that i can use in the desktop. it has tweekers and ratio multipliers and voltage adjustment and all the bells and whistles. but i only use it to monitor temps and core speeds. i OC using the UEFI (bios for my mobo) This software loads on startup and the cpu is always OCed at start up. Only when it sleeps then awakes it reverts. Id appreciate any help for this minor nuisance. heres my stats for the hell of it:

Intel® Core™ i7-4790 (Stock:4.0GHz OC'd: 4.7)

8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory

AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GBvram (clocked at 1100MHz coreclock)

Evga supernova 1000w g2 powersupply

1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD

ASRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Corsair Hydro Series H110 280 mm High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

Phanteks Enthoo Pro case

The best way to solve this problem is to overclock from the bios and your overclock will always stay but when you software overclock that software has to be running at all times or if it has a bug that removes overclocks then you might have to update the software

dmartelli84

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
Thanks for the response.but I did overclock it in bios. The bios of my motherboard is called uefi(much better than bios in my opinion). The fstream is a utility that's built in but I only use it to monitor temps. The root of the prob is something else and something wierd lol