Overclock Ryzen 2600 safe

Jun 6, 2018
Hello,

I just bought a ryzen 2600 processor with Asus Rog strix B350 F Gaming motherboard. I would like to take the processor to a moderate overclock of 4 ghz or 4.05 ghz. Since I'm not an expert on overclocking, I'd like to know if anyone can tell me which configuration especially for voltage / offset / LLC.

I would like to use this moderate OC daily, online I only find configurations for aggressive overclocking of 4.2 ghz (for this cpu) but I'm not interested in pushing it so much.

I also bought some RAM G Skill Sniper X 3200C16D: https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/8572/skill-sniper-ddr4-3200-16gb-dual-channel-memory-review/index.html

Also in this case I read that the bios is set for 2166mhz and I would like to bring them to their effective speed of 3200 mhz, can anyone tell me if it is enough to select the 3200 mhz speed or I have to manually enter all the parameters including the 1.35v voltage?

Thanks you very much.

Nick

Solution
for cpu, if you are afraid to use bios, try to use ryzen master. to software oc the cpu.
only downside to that is that if the software mess itself up, the cleanup is very messy.

for uefi/bios oc:
you want to try 1.30V first. likely you need to push it to 1.325 V (the offset is calculated from your desire voltage - base voltage, i think the base is 1.25V, better to check uefi desciption or manual to double check) you can use the 1600 guide, as they are not that different in terms of voltages, keep in mind that ryzen 2 is more sensitive to voltage, so you don't want to push it over 1.35V.

LLC you want to pick the one that give you the flat load vs voltage curve.

as for mem oc, try with DOCP first. since you are actually on 2600, the...
for cpu, if you are afraid to use bios, try to use ryzen master. to software oc the cpu.
only downside to that is that if the software mess itself up, the cleanup is very messy.

for uefi/bios oc:
you want to try 1.30V first. likely you need to push it to 1.325 V (the offset is calculated from your desire voltage - base voltage, i think the base is 1.25V, better to check uefi desciption or manual to double check) you can use the 1600 guide, as they are not that different in terms of voltages, keep in mind that ryzen 2 is more sensitive to voltage, so you don't want to push it over 1.35V.

LLC you want to pick the one that give you the flat load vs voltage curve.

as for mem oc, try with DOCP first. since you are actually on 2600, the bios should be relative new. check and see if you have the latest bios, for the latest mem support from asus. if that didn't work, i think you can loose some timings. and keep the frequency.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS