• Ryzen 5 3400G
  • Biostar B350 ET-2
  • Klevv Bolt X 3200MHz 2x8GB
  • Team MS30 256GB
  • Deepcool DN 500 500W 80+
  • Deepcool Gammaxx 400S

I already run it all in deafult, and my question is:
  • Can i overclock it (CPU, iGPU, RAM)?
  • If i can, what's the best possible settings for it (voltage, maximum frequency, timings)?
  • Can i add discrete graphics later in the future with my psu?

thank you for helping me guys
i'm In Indonesia Btw :)

You can - keep in mind though that the 3400G is actually a Zen+ based chip - it is 12nm and won't reach much higher frequencies than what it can already turbo at. You can push the iGPU some, but this little chip reacts much MUCH better to a tune-up than anything else. Don't expect ground-breaking results though, this early AM4 board, while not BAD, isn't exactly a great overclocker. Neither is the RAM.
Make sure your RAM is running in dual channel, at its max rated speed (3200 MHz DDR) and stable (some setups would require voltage increased by 0.01 V for stability).
Start tinkering with RAM timings, lower them a little at a time and don't push voltages too much over what XMP uses. memtest86+ is your best bet for memory stability testing.
Ryzen Tuner by 1usmus is only for Zen2 and newer, so you won't be able to use it. But, you can use his tool Ryzen Dram Calculator.

Yes, your PSU can handle up to mid-range graphic cards without much trouble - up to 180W ratings should be ok. Your CPU would bottleneck anything more powerful than that anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kapin
Nov 3, 2020
You can - keep in mind though that the 3400G is actually a Zen+ based chip - it is 12nm and won't reach much higher frequencies than what it can already turbo at. You can push the iGPU some, but this little chip reacts much MUCH better to a tune-up than anything else. Don't expect ground-breaking results though, this early AM4 board, while not BAD, isn't exactly a great overclocker. Neither is the RAM.
Make sure your RAM is running in dual channel, at its max rated speed (3200 MHz DDR) and stable (some setups would require voltage increased by 0.01 V for stability).
Start tinkering with RAM timings, lower them a little at a time and don't push voltages too much over what XMP uses. memtest86+ is your best bet for memory stability testing.
Ryzen Tuner by 1usmus is only for Zen2 and newer, so you won't be able to use it. But, you can use his tool Ryzen Dram Calculator.

Yes, your PSU can handle up to mid-range graphic cards without much trouble - up to 180W ratings should be ok. Your CPU would bottleneck anything more powerful than that anyway.

Thank You so much @mitch074 for your answer!
can i ask you two last questions?
  • how about the VRAM? does it matter for the iGPU performance? or it doesn't gonna affect anything?
  • if on a near future i have some more cash to spend on a ex-mining RX-580 4GB (185W TDP tho) at 1.250.000 IDR (around 88 USD), does it okay? or better wait for more cash to spend for new GPU (GTX 1650 is around 2.350.000 IDR or 166 USD here, or maybe a brand-new, cheap low-end GPU by NVIDIA or AMD :crazy: )

p.s. : sorry if i asked way too much because i'm very curious about PC world XD. thanks!

Thank You so much @mitch074 for your answer!
can i ask you two last questions?
  • how about the VRAM? does it matter for the iGPU performance? or it doesn't gonna affect anything?
  • if on a near future i have some more cash to spend on a ex-mining RX-580 4GB (185W TDP tho) at 1.250.000 IDR (around 88 USD), does it okay? or better wait for more cash to spend for new GPU (GTX 1650 is around 2.350.000 IDR or 166 USD here, or maybe a brand-new, cheap low-end GPU by NVIDIA or AMD :crazy: )
p.s. : sorry if i asked way too much because i'm very curious about PC world XD. thanks!
An iGPU has no dedicated RAM, it uses system RAM for its processing. The faster (latency first, debit second), the better.
Note that 2x8 Gb of dual channel DDR4-3200 is already quite good and should give you proper performance, but you will squeeze up to 5% more framerate if you can reduce the latency.
Also, some games don't deal with dynamic RAM allocation properly; you can try to allocate a static amount of RAM to your iGPU in the UEFI, by default you can set 2 but some motherboards allow you to allocate 4 Gb after reboot. This makes some games that are VRAM-hungry to actually work better.