[SOLVED] Overclock Settings For i9-11900K And The ASrock Steel Legend

May 7, 2021
I need some help with the CPU Configuration settings on a ASRock Steel Legend board using the i9-11900K Processor.

The following fields in the OC Tweaker\CPU Configuration are all currently set at the factory default values.

CPU Ratio
AVX2 Ratio Offset
AVX-512 Ratio Offset
CPU Cache Ratio
BCLK Frequency
BCLK Spread Spectrum Mode
BCLK Aware Adaptive Voltage
Boot Performance Mode
Ring to Core Ratio Offset
PVD Ratio Threshold
Intel Speedstep Technology
Intel Turbo Boost Technology
Intel Speed Shift Technology
Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0
Intel Adaptive Boost Technology
Intel Thermal Velocity Boost Voltage Optimizations
CPU Tj Max
Long Duration Power Limit
Long Duration Maintained
Short Duration Power Limit
Unlimited Current Limit
CPU Core Current Limit
System Agent Current Limit

Solution
Listing all the capability of your Bios is not going to achieve any outcome for you chuckhager :sneaky:

If your intent is to Overclock your processor then obtain an Overclocking guide and research what Overclocking is all about and what's involved.

Obviously you have never done it before so my advice before you begin here are a few tips.

1. Only Overclock in your Bios. Be it Overclocking CPU or RAM and ensure your Bios and chipset are up to date.
  2. Establish a baseline for your Overclock by conducting a stress test using AIDA64 at stock frequency.
  3. Keep it simple to begin with and don't make arbitrary changes without knowing the outcome. Google is your friend here so search what the particular setting does.
  4. Begin using your...
Listing all the capability of your Bios is not going to achieve any outcome for you chuckhager :sneaky:

If your intent is to Overclock your processor then obtain an Overclocking guide and research what Overclocking is all about and what's involved.

Obviously you have never done it before so my advice before you begin here are a few tips.

1. Only Overclock in your Bios. Be it Overclocking CPU or RAM and ensure your Bios and chipset are up to date.
  2. Establish a baseline for your Overclock by conducting a stress test using AIDA64 at stock frequency.
  3. Keep it simple to begin with and don't make arbitrary changes without knowing the outcome. Google is your friend here so search what the particular setting does.
  4. Begin using your Multiplier to advance frequency in 200MHz steps and don't try to max your Overclock in one step.
  5. As you reach your thermal max you may need to make changes to such things as LLC (Load Line Calibration) Offsets or any one of the many settings your Bios is capable of to achieve your MAX Overclock.

Conduct a stress test after each change in frequency and core voltage increase. You are testing for thermal temperatures under load on your CPU. Obtain HWINFO64 for this purpose.

No two systems are the same and it takes patience and time to achieve your goal. One system settings may not work for you and your cooling system plays a big part.
No two chips are the same as it depends on the quality of the Silicon in your Chip (Silicon Lottery).
As you progress you may have issues and this is when you come here with your problems on what to do.

Here is a vid for Overclocking your CPU using Asrock. This is the Taichi MB and i9-11900K. Although maybe not exactly the same as your setup but principles are the same.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-366ren4kM0

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/asrock-z590-steel-legend-wifi-6e/5.html

Don't forget to list your full system specs when posting an enquiry.
If your confused by any of the above then just ask for clarification.

Last edited:
Solution
Intel Extreme Tuning Utility is a super elementary way to get a base OC. Probably not optimal, but it does work to some degree.

Just a word of caution if using the tuning utility to Overclock. I don't advise certain changes in Bios when using any third party app for overclocking as many have corrupted their Bios doing it this way. I recommend learning your Bios and only Overclock using Bios.

May 7, 2021
Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply. The information provided is very helpful and gives me a starting place for overclocking my system. Much appreciated.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I'd not OC on that motherboard with that cpu. It's designed to support the cpu, but that's as far as I'd go with it. The VRM's and power phases are seriously underwhelming and realistically not designed to handle the power consumption that cpu is capable of.

It's like putting a 1000HP supercharged blower V8 motor in Grandma's old Chevy Malibu. It'll fit, it'll start, it'll idle around town just fine, but the moment you floor the gas pedal you'll twist the frame on that car up like a pretzel, doing irreparable damage.

OC an 11600k just fine, but not the 11900k. Leave it stock. That cpu requires the top line mobo's like Auros Master, ROG, Taichi, Godlike etc for OC.

Reactions: CompuTronix

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
View: https://youtu.be/GYeyrS1tIyU
Do have to also figure these boards as tested only ran at a 4.9GHz all core OC at 1.35v. That's a pretty mediocre OC for that cpu, if trying to push a 5.1GHz or 5.2GHz then that's going to affect VRM thermals and VRM capabilities with the higher amperage use. The more mid range mobo's with 50-60A VRM's are going to take a hit there.

So a lot is going to depend on exactly what you intend for OC, the MSI A Pro/Torpedo is excellent value as is the Asus Tuff gaming for its capabilities, but still can't touch the Asus ROG boards.

The price in the video for the Asus ROG was $330, on pcpartpicker.com yesterday it was $370, so there are some discrepancies in pricing to be aware of.

Last edited:
Is your motherboard the Z590 steel legend, or the Z490?

I might suggest that you just leave all at default and enjoy an excellent processor.

I recently installed a I9-11900KF on an Asrock Z590 extreme.
Looks to me like the steel legend is virtually the same.
Unless your use is for batch apps that can use high performance on all cores, I would not waste time on overclocking.
The turbo mechanism, by default boosts the favored cores when you need it.
That is what games need most.

And, FWIW, I use a noctua NH-D15s.
Running a CPU-Z stress test the max temperature is around 65c.
This is not a hot processor unless you are boosting overclock voltages.