Question Overclock suddenly not working in windows

Apr 11, 2020
Hi
So i have an x5675 in an msi big bang xpower motherboard, it has been overclocked from when i first bought it over 2 years ago
It has been at 4.5ghz (180mhz bclock) for at least 6 months
When i booted it up today cpuz, aida64 cpuid, and hwmonitor all said the cpus base clock was 133 and the overall clock speed was 3.3ghz when stress tested
Whenever i reload the bios it still shows 4.5, i have tried changing settings in bios and they had no effect on what was showing up in windows
My cinebench score is massively lower so it actually is running at base speed its not just being detected wrong

Any ideas?
Thanks

Apr 11, 2020
Have you removed the overclock, rebooted & then reapplied?

Sounds like the BIOS isn't registering that it's reset/loaded defaults.
Power outage recently? Dead CMOS battery?
Cmos battery seems to be fine, no power outages recently i dont think
Ill try removing it rebooting and reapplying though thanks

Apr 11, 2020
Have you removed the overclock, rebooted & then reapplied?

Sounds like the BIOS isn't registering that it's reset/loaded defaults.
Power outage recently? Dead CMOS battery?
So windows kept bluescreening at "fail safe defaults" and "optimised defaults", the bios even lagged at these settings for some reason
But i managed to boot at different settings at 4ghz and its still showing the same in windows, one thing ive noticed is that in cpuid although the cpu is at stock ghz it still runs at the voltages i set in bios

Apr 11, 2020
Update one thing i noticed is it isnt actually full stock, my motherboard is making the cpu run at its 1 core turbo multiplier on all cores still, it seems its just bclock that isnt applying