Overclock Vs Stock

Solution

Why will the performance increase? Just because you overclock the game or program you're using may not need it. I use MSI AB
Far_Cry4_2016_11_08_22_14_29_543.jpg
Would a CPU OC help me? Would the performance increase? Most likely not because the load on the CPU is only at 67%. It doesn't need any help from me.

Your PSU could be very low end and an OC could decrease performance.

How much do you OC the GPU? Just the core clock or just the memory clock or both? Do you need to boost the voltage in favor of stability? Boosting the voltage too much can fry your CPU or GPU...

Why will the performance increase? Just because you overclock the game or program you're using may not need it. I use MSI AB
Far_Cry4_2016_11_08_22_14_29_543.jpg
Would a CPU OC help me? Would the performance increase? Most likely not because the load on the CPU is only at 67%. It doesn't need any help from me.

Your PSU could be very low end and an OC could decrease performance.

How much do you OC the GPU? Just the core clock or just the memory clock or both? Do you need to boost the voltage in favor of stability? Boosting the voltage too much can fry your CPU or GPU or motherboard or more. Boosting the core and memory clock too much will just result in a freeze, crash or some other problem but a simple reboot will fix it.

Going over to yourtube and finding an OC vid for your EXACT 560 can help. The 560 might not OC that much at all. There's no guaranteed with OC'ing.

Oc'ing only the GPU may not really help. Is it your CPU or GPU that's struggling? No OC in the world can make up for an unbalanced build. Lets say you are using a FX4300 with that 560. The 4300 is such a low end chip that an upgrade would be preferred over an OC.

There are too many unknowns here. Offering blind advice can hurt more than help.

Solution

7664stefan

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
OC of GPU or CPU usually delivers single extra FPS, in some cases up to 10% performance increase, but also higher power consumption and more heat. Thus OC is normally not worth it unless you are a fan of squeezing the last percent out of your hardware.