overclock without turbo possible?

jorj02

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2015
i have asus v gene i turn turbo boost on 4.4ghz with voltage 1.305

now my temps are 50 stable even on load not pass the 60

cpu i5 2500k

now if i choose offest voltage its will be more stable?

i dont have option to overclock multiplier without turbo boost

help me please

Solution

I asked a similar question a few weeks ago, I also have an Asus motherboard, Z170-AR, and an i5 skylake. This is the answer I got: "Overclocking with the CPU multiplier is in essence changing the turbo boost's multiplier on Asus boards and is the correct and preferred method to OCing unlocked chips, leave turbo boost on."

If you turn turbo boost off, the multiplier you use will be your full speed. For example, my CPU is 35 multiplier and 39 in full turbo (1 core), if I turn turbo off, it stays at 35, so turbo is disabled and you can overclock without turbo. In regards to offset, I have no idea sorry, I've never used it myself, I've seen that some people would rather not use it though.

ron_dv

Reputable
Jan 20, 2016

I asked a similar question a few weeks ago, I also have an Asus motherboard, Z170-AR, and an i5 skylake. This is the answer I got: "Overclocking with the CPU multiplier is in essence changing the turbo boost's multiplier on Asus boards and is the correct and preferred method to OCing unlocked chips, leave turbo boost on."

Solution

jorj02

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2015

thanks i know one way is increase the bclk but im not sure of it so i use turbo boost is the only option i get to oc it 4.4ghz