Question Overclock

Nov 6, 2019
I plan on overclocking my ryzen 2600 to 3.9 GHz and would like to know of a cpu cooler that could handle this and that does not exceed 65 mm

There are probably no 65mm or shorter coolers that are going to allow you to do that. The Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4 cooler is probably the best option but even that is unlikely to allow what you are wanting to do. Depending on what case you have you might want to consider a good 240-280mm AIO cooler if your case will support a radiator installation. There just aren't any really good CPU coolers that will allow a high level of overclocking that are under 65mm.

Read this, which is for the same cooler but tested on an older 4 core Intel CPU with a 20w higher TDP. So it would do a LITTLE bit better on your 65w Ryzen 2600, but would still likely be pushing the limit of the thermal boundary at a full time 3.9Ghz OC. :

https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/7292/noctua-nh-l9x65-low-profile-cpu-cooler-review/index6.html

Nov 6, 2019
There are probably no 65mm or shorter coolers that are going to allow you to do that. The Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4 cooler is probably the best option but even that is unlikely to allow what you are wanting to do. Depending on what case you have you might want to consider a good 240-280mm AIO cooler if your case will support a radiator installation. There just aren't any really good CPU coolers that will allow a high level of overclocking that are under 65mm.

Read this, which is for the same cooler but tested on an older 4 core Intel CPU with a 20w higher TDP. So it would do a LITTLE bit better on your 65w Ryzen 2600, but would still likely be pushing the limit of the thermal boundary at a full time 3.9Ghz OC. :

https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/7292/noctua-nh-l9x65-low-profile-cpu-cooler-review/index6.html
I’m building in a mini itx case so what do u thing tia cooler would allow

The cooler I recommended earlier is likely your best bet. The CNPS8900 Extreme from Zalman used to be a good choice, but I don't see it available anywhere anymore and I don't think it has an AM4 mounting kit anyway.

At 70-80mm tall, there are a lot more options. At 65mm or less, you are extremely limited.