[SOLVED] Overclocked a 144hz to a 240hz

Jan 3, 2019
So I heard about overclocking a monitor and thought I should definitely do it. I looked up on YouTube to see how I would do it and so I followed the steps until my monitor was unstable. I was originally on 144hz 1080p and I keeped adding on an extra 2 hz. I did it for a while and when I got to 160hz I decided to go up 5hz every time I tested. I was on 175hz and thought this isn’t real but I checked on the UFO website thingy and it displayed 175hz. I keeped going up 5hz until I was on 240hz. I didn’t want to go higher because I don’t know how the hell I was on 240hz on a 144hz display. I have the sceptre 1080p 24inch c24 144hz curved monitor. I am basically trying to ask is this real?

Jan 3, 2019

I just typed “how to overclocked monitor” and they only got like 10-20hz extra but I just got a heap more

Ralston18

Titan
Maybe....

Why "maybe"?

Not sure about what you did with respect to the source YouTube websites you used.

You may have gotten a "heap more" but I would be concerned about the long term effects on the monitor if indeed you were able to push the monitor to such limits.

Likely to be some trade-offs or risks involved with the applied monitor overclocking.

Going back to your original post: "real"?

Consider: you may have configuring the overclocking higher and higher but the monitor just simply ignored those higher settings and remained at the design maximum.

Be leery about what you find on YouTube and other such websites.

Doubt (hopefully) that you would eat laundry pods - but YouTube has people doing that...

Jan 3, 2019
I could probably push it further but I don’t need to because my GPU can’t push 200+ frames in games at 1080 but I also wouldn’t do it because the risks or like you said the “trade offs”.

I just used nvideas control panel and customised the refresh rate. The first problem i should be noticing is the screen being unstable but I don’t have that at all. Do you need picture proof???