Question Overclocked and now my pc won’t boot up

Dec 2, 2020
Ok so I was overclocking my cpu with the AMD Ryzen software and I managed to successfully find some good settings. I saved the profile for these settings and whenever I needed that extra power i would simply turn those settings on. But I recently bought a new dedicated GPU (I used integrated graphics before) and I loaded up the overclock settings and now my PC wont boot up. I turn on the power button and the lights and fans go on but then after a second or two everything except the light on my motherboard turns off. I tried resetting the CMOS but nothing happened. At this point I just want to know what I messed up so i can look into purchasing a new part. Specs: CPU/GPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200g 3.5Ghz quad core processor integrated radeon vega 8 graphics, GPU(new): MSI radeon RX 580 8 Gb armor oc, Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming ATX AM4, RAM: G.skill Ripjaws 2x8GB DDR4-3200, Storage: Kinston A400 480 GB SSD, Power supply: EVGA 500W ATX

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

EVGA is the brand of the PSU while the 500W on the side is the wattage, what is the exact model for the PSU? You might want to disconnect from the wall(after shutting down) and remove the CMOS battery for at least 30 minutes before replacing it and see if you're able to boot. Also, you're underpowered for that build, I'd have gotten a 650W PSU for that build from a reliably built PSU, like Seasonic since EVGA tend to have a wide swing of hit or misses with PSU's these days.

Dec 2, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

EVGA is the brand of the PSU while the 500W on the side is the wattage, what is the exact model for the PSU? You might want to disconnect from the wall(after shutting down) and remove the CMOS battery for at least 30 minutes before replacing it and see if you're able to boot. Also, you're underpowered for that build, I'd have gotten a 650W PSU for that build from a reliably built PSU, like Seasonic since EVGA tend to have a wide swing of hit or misses with PSU's these days.
(update) so I took out the new graphics card and it booted up fine, so I went to the AMD Ryzen overclocking software to reset the settings back to default. To do this i needed to restart my computer, so i did. But now its doing the same thing and not booting up. And the exact model for my PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ certified ATX power supply, ATX 12V/EPS12V