Overclocked FX-6300-Stable but freezes?

fourosg

Prominent
Sep 12, 2017
Hello, so here is the problem: I have my cpu overclocked at 4.4-4.8 ghz for the last 3 years (from day 1) with proper cooling and acceptable voltages. But since last month i experience random pc freezes, without bsod or any errors. i raised up a little the vcore, problem still exists. It happens about once every 2 days or so, mostly when opening browser tabs or with light tasks. Stress tests no error, IBT AVX at very high ram usage passes 30 tests like a charm. Also once, my mobo stuck at post and booted really really slowly and it took many reset times to come back to normal. Could this be some kind of cpu or mobo degredation?

Current settings:FX-6300 4.6 ghz, 1.45v (~0.1v LLC changes), static overclock, all power saving modes disabled at bios. power management set to high performance at windows 10
MSI-990fxa-GD-65 mobo,
NB and ht link frequencies stock,
RAM 1600mhz XMP profile stock 1.5v.

avenge

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2014
Have you tried lowering the clock or running on default frequencies - are there any freezes? Also check your memory for errors and try running with each memory stick separately to see if the problem exists.