[SOLVED] Overclocked my GPU and my laptop crashed. what to do??

Nov 16, 2019
My laptop spec
acer nitro 5
i5-7300HQ
gtx 1050ti
8gb ram
1tb hdd
Windows 10

I was trying to overclock my gpu using msi afterburner.. and i am new to this.. so i saw a tutorial in youtube.. i followed it..
I just increased my core clock to 40 the laptop got turned off
After that i turn on the laptop and change the afterburn setting to default... Now if i open up any game like AC odessy or fallout 4. the fps is less than 10... Before i can run it upto 40fps... But in my task manager cpu gpu and disk usage is stable..

I tried updating Nvidia driver
I increased my pagefiles
I changed my battery settings to default

Nothing works

Can u guys help me!???

Thanks in advance🙂

Nov 16, 2019
hmm, can you send me a pic of what MSI afterburner looks like for you? i need to see the clock, i got the Acer nitro 5 with i7 8750 and GTX 1050, other than the GPU problem have you been getting any problems with the fans? maybe one of them spinning slower than the other?

Reactions: cibirajankm
Nov 16, 2019
I found the problem After u mentioned fan speed i checked my fan.. the was not running... So i used a little needle to kickstart it and now it all went back to normal...
Thank you!!!

Nov 16, 2019
I found the problem After u mentioned fan speed i checked my fan.. the was not running... So i used a little needle to kickstart it and now it all went back to normal...
Thank you!!!
no problem
your GPU was very hot so it was throttling a lot, the fan wasn't running and that's why ,good thing the GPU didn't die after that because it probably would have melted lol

Last edited: