[SOLVED] overclocked ram and now pc won’t boot

May 9, 2020
So Ive had my prebuilt pc for about a year and just learned about the magic of overclocking. So I overclocked my 2666 MHz ram to about 3000 MHz and set the voltage to 1.35V. Now my PC won’t boot. The screen went black and the monitor had no signal. Normal so far. Then when auto source got to HDMI which is the one I use, there was no signal. So, I pressed the power button and no5ing happened. Then I held the power button And my pc turned off. So my pc turns on fine and the lights turn on and the fans start, but, there’s no signal. I have moved the cable from my gpu to my motherboard and back. Nothing. Please help!

Solution
unplug the power cord from the back of the computer.

open up the side of the case and locate the nickle size button cell batter and remove it for a min or 2 then put it back in. this will reset the Cmos back to default and should let the computer boot back up.
unplug the power cord from the back of the computer.

open up the side of the case and locate the nickle size button cell batter and remove it for a min or 2 then put it back in. this will reset the Cmos back to default and should let the computer boot back up.

Reactions: CountMike
Solution

TRENDING THREADS