xMarkersHD

Honorable
Nov 26, 2015
I tried overclock my ram by just changing the MHz in the bios (ab350 Mobo) and it was fine for the day but eventually froze. I went to change it back to it's regular speed and it was fine for most of the day and then froze again. Today I tried turn on my PC and it turns on but there isn't any display.

xMarkersHD

Honorable
Nov 26, 2015
reset the bios?
full system spec? include make and model of the psu
I tried resetting the bios and nothing happened.

System specs:

GPU - msi GTX 980 4gb
CPU - ryzen 5 1600x
PSU - Corsair cx600m
Mobo - Ga-ab350-gaming
RAM - Kingston 8gb 1rx8 PC4-2400T-UA2-11 (I think that's the model number)

xMarkersHD

Honorable
Nov 26, 2015
stick with 1 thread
I tried overclocking my ram from 2400mhz to 2800mhz but I only changed the value in the bios from 24.00 to 28.00. It was fine for the first day until after a few hours it had froze.
The next day i had changed the value back to 24.00 and everything was fine until it froze again after a few hours.
The next day i tried turn on my pc, nothing will display on my monitor.
I tried reset the CMOS but it didnt do anything and I tried put the RAM in different slots but still nothing.
My motherboard isnt beeping any codes and all of the display lights are still turning on. All the fans are spinning aswell.
I cant try any display cable other than HDMI as my pc isnt compatible with any other screen.
I am considering buying a spare stick of ram to see if it will help.

Any ideas?

GPU- MSI GTX 980 4GB
CPU- Ryzen 1600x
PSU- Corsair CX600M
Motherboard- Gigabyte Gaming
RAM- 8GB Kingston

tresnugget

Reputable
Nov 5, 2018
any ddr4 should run at 2400. If you haven't already, try one stick at a time assuming you have more than one. Single channel ram is a huge bottleneck so I'd think you'd have 2. If it still doesn't boot chances are it's not the ram. I'd also try to reseat the 8 pin CPU power cable and the GPU plus any cables. If there has been any sudden drops in temperature, especially, something might not be making good contact due to thermal contraction. I've seen that happen especially with ram during the winter. If you've tried one stick at a time then you may want to get a PSU tester and test the CPU 8 pin. If that tests alright then testing the GPU would be my next step. If the gpu proves functional then you may have a bad Mobo.

D

Deleted member 14196

Sure if you have another stick to test it with why not?

Or just pull the GPU and see if it posts. That could indicate a problem with the power supply not being able to supply enough power or a bad GPU