Overclocked System - Over sensitive Owner

SioWolf

Reputable
Nov 28, 2014
I over clocked my system and I'm becoming very very uncertain and anxious about it. I read so many conflicting opinions about what's safe and really wish there was a definite yes or no.

System:

Processor: Intel i5 4690k
CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Plus
GPU: MSI TwinFrozr GTX 970

I have 3 fans right now, two 120mm exhaust and 1 120mm intake. The intake is set to run at 1.5 × temp of CPU. The exhaust are running at 1.25 × the temp.

The CPU is over clocked to 4.1 GHz, default bclk. It idles at 32 degrees and easily hits 65 under gaming. Prime95 brings it close to 80.

The GPU is at +175 for the clock speed and and +500 for the mem. The max power is set to +110. Furmark sends it to 66 degrees with an average of 62fps with the lowest level of antialiasing.

I need to know if this is safe for a 24/7 over clock being used for several hours every day involving mostly gaming and streaming music. Games are The Crew and Arma II.

Id also like to know if the Temps are safe AND if I have the ability to overlook to 4.3ghz, which sends it to upper 80's degrees under prime 95.

Solution
you will almost never match the stress test as far as temps go.
you can also try lowering the core volts to help reign in temps if your oc is stable.