[SOLVED] Overclocked without changing the voltage now it’s messed up

Jan 5, 2019
I overclocked my cpu to 5ghz without changing the voltage and now it’s messed up, I only get like 20-60 frames on fortnite when before I got 260

Solution

That sucks.

Oh also, do a cpu benchmark like Cinnebench R15 and compare your result to others with the same cpu. At least this way you can confirm your cpu is performing fine or not. Helps narrow down the issue.

Lutfij

Titan
List your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Are you on an aftermarket cooler for your CPU? You should also mention what you messed around with as opposed to generically stating what you've done(leaving a lot to guess work/telepathy).

Jan 5, 2019
CPU: I7 7700k
Motherboard: Asus Rog IX Formula
Ram: 32gb trident z rgb
SSD/HDD: SSD: 960 Evo 250gb
GPU: GTX 1080 ti
PSU:
Chassis:

What’s PSU?

All I did was watch a tutorial to overclocked the i7 7700k and did all he did but it messed it up

ahmadhijazi0

Commendable
Jan 6, 2019

That's odd. Have you tried a CMOS battery/jumper reset? It's a harder reset than just using the BIOS. Your mobo manual should have instructions on how to do it, or look up youtube videos.

ahmadhijazi0

Commendable
Jan 6, 2019
I suggest you give that a shot. Also, you might want to use MSI afterburner and have your FPS, cpu usage, gpu usage, temps all showing while you game. This way you can see what's going on.

ahmadhijazi0

Commendable
Jan 6, 2019

That sucks.

Oh also, do a cpu benchmark like Cinnebench R15 and compare your result to others with the same cpu. At least this way you can confirm your cpu is performing fine or not. Helps narrow down the issue.

Solution