News Overclocker Gets 1TB of RAM Running on X299 Motherboard Limited to 256GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronAddictAZ

Commendable
Feb 1, 2020
OK so what's the secret ingredient? i'm getting ready to pull the trigger on an ASRock x299 taichi clx board and intel 10980xe CPU and would love to put 1TB of RAM ... dont mind spending a few bucks BUT want to make sure i can run my VMware on the platform. Any hints?

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
OK so what's the secret ingredient? i'm getting ready to pull the trigger on an ASRock x299 taichi clx board and intel 10980xe CPU and would love to put 1TB of RAM ... dont mind spending a few bucks BUT want to make sure i can run my VMware on the platform. Any hints?
Where have you found a 10980xe for sale and why would buy into the X299 platform at this point in time? It's a 2.5 year old platform that is dead.

IronAddictAZ

Commendable
Feb 1, 2020
hi there,

i havent found it yet i've on the "notify when available" lists on several websites. Why choose this platform? more than enough juice for the next 5 years for me and i tend to be a late adopter ... mature technology, price decrease, fully vetted in the market, etc .. and if there are upgrades, in the same socket/chip/memory .. then its still cheaper ... being a leading edge adopter seems to lead more to ever great improvements as soon as your system is built lol ...

JRRT

Prominent
Mar 25, 2022
hi there,

i havent found it yet i've on the "notify when available" lists on several websites. Why choose this platform? more than enough juice for the next 5 years for me and i tend to be a late adopter ... mature technology, price decrease, fully vetted in the market, etc .. and if there are upgrades, in the same socket/chip/memory .. then its still cheaper ... being a leading edge adopter seems to lead more to ever great improvements as soon as your system is built lol ...
Did you ever do this? Did it work? I can't really afford a server motherboard and processor at the moment, but I need a workaround to be able to run some very memory demanding simulations. Even if it takes a couple months to finish, it would at least be possible with this much memory if it works. But I am still waiting to get information from ASRock. There website is not as clear as I would like unfortunately.

USAFRet

Titan
Did you ever do this? Did it work? I can't really afford a server motherboard and processor at the moment, but I need a workaround to be able to run some very memory demanding simulations. Even if it takes a couple months to finish, it would at least be possible with this much memory if it works. But I am still waiting to get information from ASRock. There website is not as clear as I would like unfortunately.
This is an almost 4 year old thread, and the person you're replying to hasn't been seen since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS