Overclocking 1090T Mobo asus m4a89 pro crucial tech 2x8GB ram

Oct 30, 2018
Which settings would you recommend on this setup to achieve 4ghz?

I have tried the BIOS auto-OC and achieved non-stable 3.9ghz, after 5-15mins it will BSOD with pagefile error or other systemfile errors, is this RAM related?

asus M4a89 pro
phenom II 1090t
crucial tech ram 2x8GB (dont have the exact model on me)
Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B

Just installed new cpu cooler, Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B, last night and have a stable overclock at 3.5ghz, temp is around 41-47celcius at 80-90% cpu load.
Only tested regular gaming xcom2 & ghostrec.wildlands. Lowest idle was 34-36 celcius.

It would be neat to achieve the 4ghz i have googled people claiming to overclock the 1090t to.

I just don't have the proper voltage knowledge.

I cannot adjust the multiplier in my bios, only the fbs. I saw linus video on overclocking this cpu and tried his setting of 286, which it could not handle. It is now manually set to 230 or such. at work right now can't remember exact. Hwinfo shows all cores running at 3.5xxghz sometimes boosting to 3.9.
anyway lots of blabla :D

i'm hoping somebody will know how to figure out the exact settings knowing the hardwares involved :) Googling has not helped me much.

Help me hivemind, you're my only hope!

-Michael

Oct 30, 2018
so far its running on 3.7ghz my crucial ballistik 2x8gb is at 785.9mhz 9 9 9 24 1t can i squeeze more performance out of my ram? again my google skills fail me