[SOLVED] Overclocking 7600K for using 3060 Ti on 1080p

• Thread starter Deleted member 2841972
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2841972

Going to get 3060 Ti soon, I know it is going to bottleneck, especially in 1080p. But I also consider to upgrade to an AMD CPU and a motherboard after one or two years of usage with 7600K. It is a 4/4 CPU anyway but I still think that overclocking would help if I would be able to run it cool.

My motherboard is MSI Z270 Gaming M3 so no worries about it. RAMs are 3200MHz CL16 and can still overclock a bit if needed. (GSkill Ripjaws V 16GB(2x8))
My motherboard can overclock the CPU to 4.5GHz with one click. I would prefer to set it manually if I can find a great and stable setting. Can you help me about it? Would I be able to see the performance impact that much? I mean I want to use 3060 Ti with less bottleneck at least.

Solution
What sort of aftermarket cooling are you on for your processor. If you're going to overclock that processor, you will need to make sure the other parts in your system are capable of supporting the overclock...meaning;
Case(and fans) = has good airflow
CPU cooler = dissipate the heat from the processor
PSU =capable of delivering the power for the overclock

Regardless of how much you overclock, you're still going to see a limit on that card, especially since that card is not a good card to game on at 1080p. Well, on that note, you should be looking at former generation cards if you want to game at 1080p. Speaking of games, what games will you tax the system with if you manage to get the GPU? Not all games run good on a particular card...

Lutfij

Titan
What sort of aftermarket cooling are you on for your processor. If you're going to overclock that processor, you will need to make sure the other parts in your system are capable of supporting the overclock...meaning;
Case(and fans) = has good airflow
CPU cooler = dissipate the heat from the processor
PSU =capable of delivering the power for the overclock

Regardless of how much you overclock, you're still going to see a limit on that card, especially since that card is not a good card to game on at 1080p. Well, on that note, you should be looking at former generation cards if you want to game at 1080p. Speaking of games, what games will you tax the system with if you manage to get the GPU? Not all games run good on a particular card since some games are better coded for , say, AMD cards or Nvidia cards.

As for your guide to overclocking, you might want to read through this thread.

Solution
the 7600k's 4c/4t design will limit min and average FPS, despite some boost with overclocking...(if your temps are under control, and you are sticking with the 7600K, might as well take the extra 300-500 MHz across all cores if possible, it's certainly an improvement)

Although you will be CPU limited, the GPU is strong, so, you might as well enjoy as much quality/detail as possible at 1080P, shoot for ultra/max, etc., but, I'd refrain from assorted raytracing endeavors to keep FPS as high as possible...

(i would not step down in GPUs merely because the CPU is not capable of extracting it's maximums, however, or, nearly everyone without a 10900K or 5900X would /should on that basis 'need' lesser GPUs, right?) You can always take the 3060TI with you when you upgrade CPU/mainboard later, boosting min and average FPS quite noticeably compared to a 7600K)...