[SOLVED] Overclocking 9700K and GigabyteZ390 Pro

victoroos

Honorable
Feb 2, 2015
Hi all,

First post, I'm using a Gigabyte Z390 with an 9700K(f)

I have been reading up on stuff, guides etc, but i have one problem.

I can overclock on auto my 9700K to 4.9, with corev to auto in the MOBO, but it is quite hot, even though the coooling on it is quite good :).

CPUZ shows 1.4 v as usage, I find that quite high when I look at other guides. But when I set my Vcore (in my bios)manually, to say 1.3 to begin with, it doesn't even show any display / turns on the USB.

I guess I'm missing something, but what.>?

Any tips?
Cheers, Victor

Solution
Hi all,

I can overclock on auto my 9700K to 4.9, with corev to auto in the MOBO, but it is quite hot, even though the coooling on it is quite good :).

CPUZ shows 1.4 v as usage, I find that quite high when I look at other guides. But when I set my Vcore (in my bios)manually, to say 1.3 to begin with, it doesn't even show any display / turns on the USB.

Any tips?
Cheers, Victor
Here is how I would approach this. Go to BIOS set to optimized defaults. Then boot up and run Easy Tune software your Gigabyte comes with or you can DL from their site for your...

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Hi all,

Any tips?
Cheers, Victor
Here is how I would approach this. Go to BIOS set to optimized defaults. Then boot up and run Easy Tune software your Gigabyte comes with or you can DL from their site for your board. Then you will see option for 5Ghz all core OC with a single click. With a reboot all your cores now will be 5Ghz provided you have good enough cooling and as for 1.40v for 4.9Ghz that is insane. More like 1.28v for 4.9Ghz or lower possibly.☮🖐🤷‍♀️👌💯

Solution

victoroos

Honorable
Feb 2, 2015
Here is how I would approach this. Go to BIOS set to optimized defaults. Then boot up and run Easy Tune software your Gigabyte comes with or you can DL from their site for your board. Then you will see option for 5Ghz all core OC with a single click. With a reboot all your cores now will be 5Ghz provided you have good enough cooling and as for 1.40v for 4.9Ghz that is insane. More like 1.28v for 4.9Ghz or lower possibly.☮🖐🤷‍♀️👌💯
I have always learned that doing it outside the BIOS is asking for trouble, isn't it?

And would that solve the not booting option?

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
I have always learned that doing it outside the BIOS is asking for trouble, isn't it?

And would that solve the not booting option?
Well yes and no. The BIOS is more of a permanent thing where Easy Tune would be active and not passive. I have tested the one click 5Ghz all core on my old mans 9900k and it worked like a charm. If you want to do it from the BIOS you have to take more then one step but many steps and voltage adjustments etc etc.🤷‍♀️🖐☮😲