Overclocking a gigabyte 29 280x 3gb

Connor Wood

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014
Hi all,

I have this graphics card and I'm trying to overclock it. I tried using amd catalyst overdrive functions but thats not proving much use, as I cannot unlock the voltage and I think thats whats stopping me. Any help is much appreciated. Got all the latest drivers.

Solution
Is it a overclocking edition? If not then i don't think you will be given the option to control voltage. You see most of the manufacturer's are afraid that we are gonna burn our cards by messing up with voltage and pretty often they are correct and people end up RMA'ing the card so thats why they don't provide option to control voltage. But you can try MSI AfterBurner it will provide all the options available to overclock the card.

goku1234567890

Distinguished
Is it a overclocking edition? If not then i don't think you will be given the option to control voltage. You see most of the manufacturer's are afraid that we are gonna burn our cards by messing up with voltage and pretty often they are correct and people end up RMA'ing the card so thats why they don't provide option to control voltage. But you can try MSI AfterBurner it will provide all the options available to overclock the card.

Solution

even an overclocked edition may have voltage control locked like this one Gigabyte R9 280X OC 3GB however there are chances of a moddable bios but i wouldnt recommend such procedure as it may brick the gpu! usually with stock voltage you should be able to hit 1100mhz and 1550mhz on core and memory respectively which already provide a considerable boost in performance!

TRENDING THREADS