[SOLVED] overclocking a laptop gpu ok?

jacob_174

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
I couldn't find a lot of info on this only on desktops, but is it safe to overclock a laptop gpu? i only overclocked the core clock and memory. i didn't touch the voltage and the heat stayed 75c and below the whole time. I reverted everything to stock because the gains were not that great lol. it seems to be working normally, but i'm worried that overclocking a laptop could cause damage or maybe a shorter life span?

Solution
You didn't hurt anything but overclocking on a laptop, imho, is pointless as your components are already hot as there confined to such a small space and like you said the gains are very minimal. If you did continue to overclock and parts stayed within safe temps (as well as a safe voltage) then you wouldn't shorten the lifespan.

WildCard999

Titan
You didn't hurt anything but overclocking on a laptop, imho, is pointless as your components are already hot as there confined to such a small space and like you said the gains are very minimal. If you did continue to overclock and parts stayed within safe temps (as well as a safe voltage) then you wouldn't shorten the lifespan.

Solution

jacob_174

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017

What are the potential risks? Basically just overheating?

TRENDING THREADS