Overclocking a PIII800EB with ASUS CUSL2

G

I've clocked my PIII800EB to a speed of 930MhZ and also adjusted the memory cycle times from 3 to 2, and the system is working even more stable then before (Strange thing, isn't it?) It's blazing fast and in my "overclocking fever" I want to go even faster, Anybody knows if this is possible?
Ofcourse I don't want the comp to be more unstable, because I've haven't got any Blue screens, illegal operation's, "just hanging", or other weird stuff in about 4 months (running W98SE) Is it possible to clock this system higher?????

regards

rikx

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Try going to 160FSB first. That will give you 960. If you need to, increase the voltage. I would stop increasing voltage at, say, 1.85v for extended use (of coarse I've had mine up to 1.95v to see how many gigahertz I could get, but then backed it down). Even 2.05v won't fry most chips, a lot of extreme overclockers are doing this by shorting a couple voltage detection pins together so that it will be auto-detected at that volatage. Keep the chip below 55C under full load. If 160 works good, try 166. 167 gives you 1GHz, if you want to try it. Above that, I think I'd start thinking about refrigeration! BTW, PIII's almost as a rule don't have a problem with 167MHz bus as long as they have small multipliers (like the 6X on your EB).